We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

ebay item number 261236770991    muhammad ali signed robe. the seller told me it was signed in 2003.  is it genuine ?  thanks,  James

Views: 2456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

James by the time you are finished the robe is going to cost $800. There was one on eBay two weeks ago that went for that and it was authenticated by online.

Thats no good IMO Get your money back before its too late.

As for online authentics be very careful they started this database thing where for $ you send them a picture and the send you a hologram to database your autograph. I have seen some really bad forgeries with this hologram and the scammers sent in a ton of fake ali crap so they could have the oa hologram to deceive buyers. OA does nothing about forgeries in that system. 

I did not realize this is what was behind Online Authentics. Was their certificate ever an ebay approved coa, or was it just a way for the forgery ring to attach a hologram sticker?

Rob where did you get the info on OA. Can you list the OA numbers for the items that you are talking about. Just so you are aware you can't just send in a image of the item they have to see the item in person I know that for a fact. Do you know who owns Online?
Most things I've seen with their COA has been junk.
So you think most think that come from Online Authentics is junk put up some images or links. I really find that type of statement to be crap since only about 5% of the Ali item they have authenticated are sent in and the other 95% they where at the signing session.
That's fine. You can believe whatever.

I've saved images with their COA that were junk. I'll dig through my saved files and post you some when I get a second. None of those I have are Ali's. Never shopped for Ali's. the ones I have saved with their COA are with other sigs.

http://www.onlineauthentics.com/oa/physical.asp?sid=

Thats the service notice no where do they authenticate the item (note they did have an exclusive ali contract but this service gas clouded the waters). I had a list of around 400 items in my old hard drive. Sadly I lost that in the hurricane. But if you insist I am sure with a little digging I can pull you up something. 

With OA I was talking about the Ali's as that is what the thread is about not anything else, I know that you can just send them an image of an item to be authentcated

Which means you can send an Ali and get a hologram and card which then appears authenticated to the buyer if they dont do research and see for $50 they will hologram anything, Its very confusing to a buyer looking for an Ali for cheap.

And what happens if the website closes? That air tight holo that says from Ali Enterprises now is exactly the same as the ones which say phisical review. 

just searched the OA database thing now I found some fishy Ali autographs. I notice the only difference between legit autographs and the physical review ones is 1 line when you search online it says physical review and that it. So now an unsuspecting buyer hears OA is 100% legit its Alis manager and they buy something. Its not until they realize they bought a item that had a picture taken for $50.00, not authentication nothing, a $50 JPEG

And as I said before if they go offline there is no way to tell the good holograms from the bad ones since they are exactly the same. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service