We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hello all.  I am from another industry, but have developed a patent pending product that we have used in the bridal industry for the past seven years with great success.  As an alternative to traditional guest books we developed a silver metal mat board that is signed with our very easy to use Diamond tipped scribe.  This scribe is non-mechanical and signs just like a quality ink pen, yet it is engraving directly into the metal surface...thus the signature is permanent.

We manufacture this product in various sizes to be framed.  In fact we are attending DragonCon in Atlanta this weekend to test it with some autographs and fans.  The Engravable Signature Frame is a huge hit with brides around the globe and could easily be adapted for the autograph industry.  Also, we are able personalize the surface with engraving...text, logos, etc.

I would love some professional feedback if you think this would be a product that could be used in your industry.  

Gary Shimer - Signature Keepsakes

Videos of the product

http://www.idoengravables.com/wedding_guest_books_c/engravable_gues...

Tags: engraving, new, personalized., product

Views: 193

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Gary thanks for posting this I think it is a neat idea but in my opinion  can't see this being used for autographs for a few reasons 1. the price the cost of an 8x10 is only a buck or so, then theres needing to have the star sign in the special pen that in a rush someone big enough to invest in such an item like paul mccartney  would not take the time to use the pen.

I can also see that the signature dosent pop be a problem for some as i know myself like to be able to display and read the autograph and the bold standout signatures tend to bring more money in the market place.

also with this type of idea im not sure if it would help or hurt, but i could see these being filled with forgeries or some type reproduction signatures.

Just my opinion i still like it's idea as a guest book great idea there.

steve

I'll agree with Steven.  Interesting thought.  Let us know what the outcome of the DragonCon experiment is.

There just seem to be a couple problems with translating this to the autograph market:

1) If you're getting autographs on the street, especially in a crowd, this will be especially problematic.  Many celebs use the same sharpie someone already let them use, often when they're in a hurry.  Getting them to use a specific pen can be a chore on many occasions.  This type of autograph would be pretty much for controlled environments - i.e. autograph shows, conventions, private signings, etc. - or on other ideal circumstance when there is little to no crowd.

2) Collectors generally want photos, baseballs, LP's, jerseys, posters - really neat looking things signed.  A sheet of metal could be a tough sell.  If a certain product line of etchable items comes out (i.e. metal mini helmets for instance), that might work.  On the other hand, that could get expensive and be less visually appealling anyway. 

3) Re-selling could be a trick.  Collectors and fans will look at this and instantly think that an engraved item can't possibly be an authentic signature.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service