We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Paul McCartney autographed 8x10 and Cut-----Authentic or not? (NEED HELP!!!!!)

Any opinions much needed...........

Tags: Authentic?, Fake?

Views: 1393

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I spoke with another serious Beatles collector & seller about these today. He informed me there are a lot more of this fake signature style going around all of a sudden. They are referred to as "Woodrow" versions for some reason or another.

I think that comes from the following phrase--"Whoever Woodrow their money away on these is a sucker."

I've heard people say this before but what would be your suggestion of how they could go back and fix thier mistakes?  I'm asking this with complete sincerity because I can't think of a way that would work.

I would suggest at a minimum they could refund the authentication fee and change the information on their website under the certificate number. That way, if someone goes to sell the items and checks the site they will see the reversal.

The only way that could be done is to be contacted by the person who got the cert in the begining.  It would be an impossible feat to go through thier data base and find the ones they goofed then attempt to contact the person who bought it.  I'm not defending them or anyone I'm just stating the truth.  Now if they were contacted and did nothing about it then that would be a different story...

Hey Jim,

I'm a person and they are a publicly traded corporation.  They do things they way their  superiors tell them too.  They as a rule do not talk to the press except through Joe Orlando and can do business the way they want to.  If I ran the company I would do things differently but I don't.  The only way for things to change is for people to stop using them.  

I don't endorse or condem them in any way.  The sheer volume they do makes it seem like there are more mistakes they make then with others.  Let's look at it hypothetically; Lets say for every 10 items I see a day they see 500.  If I were to make a mistake one out of every 500 items I look at that would be one mistake every 50 days for me but that would mean 50 mistakes in 50 days for them.  If they made 5 mistakes every 500 (and thats just 1%) that would be 250 mistakes in 50 days.  See what I mean?

But Jim you did nail it on the head with forgers getting greedy.  that IS how they get caught.  Putting all of these together like this is the best way to spot a forger and I applaud how this site does do this on a regular basis.  The Sabbath stuff on another blog is another great example.

hmmm..good to know!

BTW Darren

I just want to say that you do a great job on this site.  You are very knowledgable in many areas of music.  I'm amazed I didn't know of you before this site.  You have an incredible eye for this and are very knowledgable in the in person aspects of getting autographs.  Conrats!

thanks mate. much appreciated. As is known, you know your onions as well! due to my job & heavy workload I am unable to "hit the streets" as I did in the 80's & 90's but I do get out if there is a hole in something I am trying to complete. Real life supersedes the autograph vaccum you can get in if you let it - and I don't. I wish I had more time to visit this site because it is an entertaining venue, but unfortunately only when time permits..D

You ppl do know people's autograph styles change if their in a rush,

of course it does but these are consistant, you can't consistantly sign differently then you normally do.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service