Note:  11/3/2011  THREAD RULEs;

1. If You are gonna post a picture in this Thread then PLEASE leave it POSTED.  When there is commentary for it or comparisons & then removed the Thread overall has a problem and many, including me, don't know what the heck someone is/was talking about.  If it's a personally owned one then put a watermark on it if that's a worry.  But DON"T Delete.  I do from time to time copy them just in case but now always" . 11/3/2011

2. If you are posting an item from an "auction" site (ebay etc...) then pls post the actual picture, and then a link to it along with the "auction" or source site.  Links become dated and items disappear for a variety of reasons (12/4/2011)

As one wanders around the WWW on auction sites or blogs it is inevitable that the "secretarials" verbiage will arise.  There are many breakout discussions (see a partial list below that hopefully, I captured the greater majority of threads) and in typical fashion we deviate on many threads (which I have not captured) and throw in a secretarial here & there.

Many times the secretarials focus on the high end selling items as opposed to the mid level ones e.g. The Honeymooners.  Of course, the secretarials differ, at least in verbiage, to the Clubhouse, AutoPen or outright forgeries (there are lots of good threads on) but that is not for this discussion.

But back to the midlevel ones like Roy & Dale Evans,  Barbara Striesand,  Mary Tyler Moore or Tony Curtis to mention a few.   I will add 3 pictures of authentic ones (there may be variations) for the latter three but don't have the secretarials for a side by side (which I like to see as it provides a good visual).  Anyone have some?  So at the risk of biting off too much (if an area takes off, perhaps I can create a breakout thread for it) what are OTHER KNOWN Secretarials and their Authentic ones and why Secretarials? 

for reference only;

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/most-forged-signatur...

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/charlton-heston-secr...   Charlton Heston  

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/psadna-certified-ite...  psa/dna  Sonny Listion aka Roster masacree

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/signature-study-for-... sinatra, Sammy Dave, Gregory Peck & Glen Ford

Then we have the unfortunate masacree Vanderhoven Threads;

Montgomery Clift;  http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/montgomery-clift-opi...

Tags: fakes, secretarials

Views: 19384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

same reason a non-authentic Jackie gleason is found on a Honeymooners or a secretarial Charlton Heston is found on a Planet of the Apes cast picture.

Have a safe & warm New Year and see you All next year! 

Richard Dreyfuss considered authentic with notation that many, if not all, TTMs are secretarial.

Note the same picture above of a TTM from Cee Gee for comparision;

Hi everyone, Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable than me can comment on this one. A very long time ago i sent a request to Roger Daltrey. Frankly its been so long ago i dont remember if i sent it to a venue or if i sent it to a stationary address. I received this today though, and dont know what to make of it. I compared it with authentic scans and it kind of seems like the TTM signatures that i saw, including mine, looked off from the in person ones. That may not be the case, but the TTM just seemed to be missing something. I am curious if maybe this and the other TTMs are secretarial? What do you guys think?

Chris

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Thanks so much Mike. I believe your right

When you write to Wayne Gretzky at any former team address, the NHLPA, or the Hockey Hall of Fame, you will receive auto-penned signatures like these on your items.

When you write to Mike Modano, you will get secretarial signatures like these on your items.

These fake signatures are sold all of the time on eBay.

Good post peter!   This thread is going to be very helpful for many collectors now and in the future.

Jackie Collins;  The Through the Mail crowd identified the following as a Secretarial item.  I encourage them to post the items when they find one as I don't keep up, contrary to popular beliefs, with all the posts relating to secretary signed items;

good show Cee Gee... I wonder what the critics will have to say about Spence getting this one right!  Aring, aside from elevated noise level at times, typically has some pretty good insight in a numver of areas from his autograph hound days.

some new ones...too follow (as soon as i can remember where i stored them!)   Cee Gee, haven't forgotten u on the Hulkster...  am looking for my "real" one that I got from his close pal and godfather to one of the kids at a show awhile back.

While it's important to start a "sub-subject" of a bonafide secretarial then follow-up with authentic ones sometimes we reverse it by starting with an "authentic" one where the has been information gleamed indicating that many, if not all, TTMs are not signed by them but rather the "dastardly" secretary or "authorized signer"

Located 'em.  Here is Jenilee Harrison noted as authentic with subsequent info that TTMs are mostly secretarial.

Here is Lee Merriweather noted as authentic with subsequent info that TTMs are mostly secretarial

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service