We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I bought a signed Stan Musial jersey a little over a year ago, a few weeks before he died. I was just getting into the hobby. It's authenticated by Stan the Man, Inc., but there's a small tear in the hologram on the jersey. The guy from whom I purchased it said that he'd had it signed by Stan about a year earlier (so about a year before he passed). Anyway, I'd love to get a Stan expert's opinion on it. Since it's a jersey, and he was quite old, I'm just not sure what to expect. I've compared it favorably to some other jersey signatures of his, but unfavorably to others. Please let me know your thoughts, and thanks again!

Views: 1169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jerseys are hard to tell, but I feel it authentic. Stans signature got real Shakey toward the end of his brilliant life. I have a PSA/ DNA ball signed by him that's similar. I say authentic

I am not so sure.  It is really difficult to authenticate Jerseys like this.  but the slant concerns me with this signature.   if you draw a straight line under his name, most of the letters would like up in a perpendicular manner.  This seems to slant to the right a little.  but again, not sure.

For the last two years, Musial was getting so frustrated with his signature, he was cancelling signing shows.  Terrier is right, its hard to tell with Jersey's like this, but I am pretty confident JSA or PSA would pass it

if he got it signed when he says it could be good.  I have a couple Musial balls signed around that same time.  They are in my photos.  

Oscar Taveras, Stan Musial

Your right Erich. Like I said the last two years or so his signature was very shakey

It certainly does look similar to the balls Erich posted.  on that basis, I would lean towards authentic.

its hard to say though.  he did become very shaky before he passed.   Stan the man inc.   was his company too.  I would say good.  

I wouldn't buy it, but if real a nice piece from one of the greatest hitters ever

Thanks everyone for your replies. Sounds like you're all in the same place I am with it - on the fence. I may send it to PSA/DNA just for my own peace of mind. Thanks again!

I do not think they are on the Fence per say but would rather have and Item signed from him before he got shaky.

I agree Tony.  But to me Musial was still signing at that age.  I got to have me a one or two of them....just to have em...  If that makes any sense to yall.  RIP Stan the Man.  One of the greatest.

Oh fer Sure...My poster should be here by tomorrow or Tuesday btw.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service