We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hello, 

Part of the stuff that I recently acquired includes an autographed Ted Williams bat.  Again, the only COA that I have is from the memorabilia store in Las Vegas that originally sold it (I know, red flag!!).  I did a bit of research on the bat and discovered that it is a Revelation Model G1470, 33", ash bat.  This is the same bat, according to more internet research, that Bobby Thompson used in 1952.  Yogi Berra also used a Revelation bat, but not this model.  Looking at the bats that Ted Williams used, I found that he used H&B bats almost exclusively along with a few Adirondacks.  Also the number "9" underlined on the knob of the bat, is not present, so I am not at all confident that Williams actually used the bat.  However, I am not sure, even given the lack of provenence, that the signature is phony, hence my inquiry.  Please look at the signature and give me your opinion and advice.

Views: 313

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't like it. 

Thanks for your reply.  Can you elaborate?

Looks slowly drawn to me. 

The T is off to me.  Now I know it happens but I don't see it very often.  The two dots for the I`s in Williams are very rarely to me positioned right above the I`s.  Shoot a lot of times there is only one dot anyway. 

If this is post stroke though it could be good.  IDK for sure.  This is only my opinion.  Terrier is pretty darn good with Williams maybe he will chime in. 

I don't like it either. The d is not correct and it is slowly written in my opinion

Thanks to both you and Erich for your comments.  How would you recommend that I proceed to know for sure one way or the other?  From what I have seen on the internet, you can find something negative about all of the authentication services, PSA, JSA, Epperson, etc.  Are there any honest folks in this business that you can depend upon?  What is IDK??

PSA and JSA are your best bet.  Michael Frost on this site is also an authenticator he may be of some help. 

PSA and JSA fees are quite steep for something like this though. I wouldn't  spend the money to send it in.  If one or the other ever comes through your area you could save a bunch on shipping costs. 

But from what Terrier and Mike have both said about it being drawn slowly I wouldn`t pay for authentication anyhow. 

Thanks, Erich, that was my feeling when I launched this string and why I am eliciting the opinions of those who know a whole lot more about this than me.

OK, thanks.  Please color me an uneducated novice.  If I were to go forward and pay for the authentication service, what would PSA/JSA/Epperson, etc. do with regard to analysis that is over and above what you are all doing now?  Do they have some kind of high-tech forensic technology/analysis over and above what is on this Blog?  Don't mind paying if I am going to get some worthwhile, written feedback.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service