So I get an email about a new auction from The Written Word.  One item was a signed photo from Harry Potter. (Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint & Alan Rickman).  The Rickman looked way off.  

So I sent an email to the dealer asking about. I just asked where it was signed. Since the sigs don't look good. I got this reply....

"I don't. It is on consignment from a trusted consignor and I have authenticated the signatures. If you have any question - don't bid.

Dan Rowe
The Written Word Autographs"

Wow...A little testy there. I wasn't rude when I asked.

Views: 3058

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, and I can't tell you how I despise the respone of a "trusted consigner". or the other one;  That's the same as saying, "it has a TPA Sticker on it, thus of course - it's authentic!". 

no wonder I've become such a cynic;

btw; according to one site's indication of notable sales and most likely somewhat dated.  I have met Pete Best on several occassions and have a number of in-person signed items but in comparison to the fab 4 there is no contest.

Notable sales

Books

In April 2007, The Written Word Autographs sold the inaugural Bible of Grover Cleveland (1837-1908), 22nd and 24th President over the United States.

Autographs

A photograph of the original Beatles line-up (minus Stuart Sutcliffe) signed by Pete Best only was sold for $325 by The Written Word Autographs of Tamworth, NH in September 2009.

I have heard great things about Dan Rowe of the WW. I feel like Dan is better at Presidential autographs.  Harry Potter probably isn't his forte.

I've had one transaction with them in my life - a Horace Greeley signed letter (no idea why - maybe I was really into Horace Greeley that summer).  Went smoothly - great transaction, great price, great item.  Still, that still doesn't excuse rudeness toward a totally legitimate inquiry.

nor blatant secretrarials on Heston, Gleason or  Cagney and a host of others commented on previously.

the problem of many that stray off of what they supposedly know best...   as in supply & demand and how to ignore the obvious as it comes from a "trusted consigner". 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service