We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi guys.

I have a favor to ask. I am considering buying this book privately. I was wondering if I can get an opinion on this signed book U2 by U2. Is there any experts who can render an opinion on it. It seems okay to me  from looking at other examples but I realize that this is also a band that we would see forged.

Roger if you see this can you please give me your thoughts. 

Thanks for your help.

David

Views: 6223

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree....  both of them are fakes.

If you want a 100% authentic U2 signed item where there is absolutely no doubt about authenticity, you should check out this one... Comes from their record company and is very limited how many of these the U2 members signed... A great investment!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U2-Fantastic-Poster-Signed-all-four-band-...

Great poster.  These pop up every now and then on ebay and usually go for quite a bit of money since fans know they're the real deal! 

That JT tree one - this forgery looks familiar.  I forgot who sells them, but they all look the same and undeniably fake.

The October album is from a UACC registered dealer. 

We're not rying to knock the seller overall.  Maybe he's legit and just made a mistake.  But I don't think I'm wrong in saying that any fan or expert who knows the band's autographs would say "absolutely not" to that album.

I used to think that "UACC registered dealer" was a magic wand.  I learned that wasn't true at all.  I purchased two Bono autographs from a UACC registered dealer.  Both were absolute garbage (signed by the same forger), but I didn't realize it until years later.  Some of these guys, while honest and good intentioned,  just don't know their stuff at all, and even the ones who do aren't guaranteed to have a stranglehold on U2 autographs. 

Hi Richard. No I didn't take it that way. I tried to contact the book seller that you mentioned last week when I was on holidays in Turks & Caicos but now they want to get the  book appraised. What would you offer them for that book? I am hoping to eventually get just one signed item by the band. I'll just have to be patient. 

David

Hard to tell.  I think what they were asking was pretty consistent with the median price during the 2006 ebay sales.  On the other hand, the 2006 sale prices were somewhat inflated due to it being Christmas season, the band having just released a new greatest hits album and the book, and the Vertigo Tour was still in progress.   I seem to remember some going for well over $1000.  The authentic one that ebay seller chrisperry1982 sold a couple months back went for $769.00.  That one was inscribed "4 Chris."  Since you tend to see relatively few authentic ones for sale these days, it's hard to tell what the real market value is.  It seems like any price $500 or under is generally a pretty darned good deal, inscribed or not.

I just hope this seller is not going to Fraser's to get it appraised.  Then the price will probably be $9,000 ;)

Here's a great example of what appears to be a fantastic authentic signature from a good source.  Great example.  Just one problem . . . the info below is bogus.  According to the description, this poster was signed in Denver before U2's concert.  That would be just fine, but Bono very clearly wrote "2010" next to his autograph.  U2 didn't play Denver until 2011 due to Bono's back injury in May 2010.  This postponed the entire US leg of the tour to 2011.  I assume someone just got their facts wrong, but it did stop me from bidding.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290628693889?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&...

Unusually nice example too!  He made sure they got a nice autograph.  I'm thinking that maybe they got it mixed up with another item or used an old template.  The signature speaks for itself, and the African Well Fund has a very close connection with Bono and U2.

Yep, I got him in 2005 as did my sister.  I actually got a relatively nice one, but this one is perfect.  I asked the seller about the decription but will probably keep bidding anyway . . . until the price goes into the stratusphere.

the story is probably right... It would not be the first time Bono signs his name with wrong year...

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service