We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Jason had started a thread; http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/what-is-exact-proof-...  

and like all good threads there are discussions witin discussions but this sub-discussion came up on a dealer Milton Lubin & http://www.substancecollectables.com/boxing_hall_of_fame___1

It appears that in 2003 although the Lubans were properly served but they failed to answer the complaint.

DECISION AND ORDER
MARRERO, District Judge.
By order dated July 22, 2003, the Court authorized entry of a default judgment in favor of plaintiffs Tiffany (NJ) Inc. and Tiffany and Company (collectively, "Tiffany") and against defendants Milton and Connie Luban and their company Luban Incorp. (collectively, the "Lubans"), the proprietors of an internet site selling counterfeit Tiffany merchandise in violation of the Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1114(1), 1116(d). Upon consideration of Tiffany's written and oral evidence as to its damages, the Court awards Tiffany a judgment in the amount of $573,818.64.

Jason went on further in one comment;

This link is the link with the guy and the actual photo we have on files one doctored that has the guy mentioned above.

http://bertorelli.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/rocky%c2%b4s-boxing-glov...

On 17 May 2012 the guys who were building a file heard the following news : He received a letter from the lawyers of Prince Marketing and Super Star Greetings today. Telling him to remove all items and images of Joe Frazier, Micky Ward, Roy Jones Jr, Hulk Hogan, Chuck Zito, Vinnie Paz and the Super Star Greetings logo. This guy is total scum and is getting what he deserves.

The most famous website in the world for tackling fakes did a special on him here you can read it for your selfs. click the link.

I wont pu the photos yet I will leave them as aces in our hands till we have too but I believe there is enough here to make your minds up if this is true or not.

http://www.isitreal.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=7...

Recently I received some photos that appear to have been photoshopped and were alleged to be used by Milton Lubin to promote his product offerings.  The one on the left is what has been alledged as the real one while the one on the right has been alledged as fake ones that were used as "proof" pictures.

One recent excerpt from Jason;

Ps yes DB strange here seems no one in America cares about what s going on in their door step and on of this forums own.    (sometimes Jason - it takes some extra cycles ;-)

Since I have no dogs in this fight and Milton Lubin is an AML member here as was pointed out in the intial thread above, it would be pertinent to have some feedback on these claims and allegations.

Tags: Milton-Lubin, Substance-Collectables

Views: 34828

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brandon I tell you what's weird mate . That in Europe this guy is in the top 10 us con artists you can see that this is in the hundreds of thousands worth of fakes but people on here really don't care . Now that's weird !! Especially when he has been known for years and years all the way to Australia never mind Europe . Either Americans are afraid of him or maybe he has too many friends ?
Just keep it going. People are learning who this big headed fool is. While he is an absolute copy ( like a Mexican bootleg ) of soeof the other scammers we have seen, I really do think that a lot of people had never heard of this nobody.

This statement on Miltons website really makes me laugh.

From the Substance Collectables web site: If you buy from us, you can be sure the
authenticity will NEVER be in question.

Ebay seller unit7227 listed auction 261136512565 Muhammad Ali siged and framed boxing
glove. It was from the stock of the senior authenticator, it had coa Substance Collectables,
and was removed by Ebay on December 2, 2012. 

Another think that Milton does which is strange when he steals images from other site he give massive discounts on their items.

Is that a $1500 discount

This ones on super duper sale save $1800

AC starting to believe america loves buying fake ALI gloves as no one really cares , At list in europe he finds it harder as so many of us are aware of his cons.

ACAF and ISITREAL leading the public towards a safer Boxing trade and not a scummer like this guy..

Jason unfortunately I think you are right as no one seems to care. But I will never stop warning people about him as I is not just one of the small run of the mill fakers he is a big time faker and people need to be made aware of his tricks.

Scan 1  Muhammad Ali AKA Cassius Clay signed boxing trunks on Grandstand Sports for $ 2,999.99

Scan 2   The Grandstand Sports image used by Substance Collectables, trunks listed for only $ 1,999.99,  $ 1,000.00 less
               than Grandstand

Cummon guys Buy your self a fake Ali for christmas help a con man out , Is that not the christmas spirit lol

Scan 1    Game Time Authentic Muhammad Ali boxing glove listed for $ 2,499.00
Scan 2    Game Time Authentic Muhammad Ali boxing glove image used by Substance Collectables, for only $ 899.99. savings of $ 1, 599.01
Scan 3    Jake La Motta boxing glove Hall of Fame Memorabilia web site for $ 115.00
Scan 4    Hall of Fame image copied, including the logo on Substance Collectables site at same price, $ 115.00.
There are over fifty Hall of Fame images copied and used by Substance Collectables.
The question needs to be raised, with all the Muhammad Ali signed gloves, trunks, and robes he has sold and listed with the Substance Collectables coa, why the senior authenticator  never produced a single legitimate photo of him with  Ali.The answer is because he has none
In regards to the Joe Frazier funeral, it would appear that the senior authenticator's purpose on November 15, 2011 was to exploit the Frazier family tragedy for his personal benefit.

So if you want a bargain you know where to go to one compare it to the people that actually own the items.

Scan 1  Super Sports Center Muhammad Ali Robe, listed for $ 1,999.00

Scan 2    Super Sports Center Muhammad Ali Robe , image copied and used  by Substance
Collectables listed for only $ 999,.99  that's $ 1,000 less than Super Sports

Scan 3  Alico LLC Cassius Clay signed trunks , listed for$ 3,495.00

Scan 4   Alico LLC Cassius Clay signed trunks, image copied and used by by Substance
Collectables, listed for only $ 1,199,99 , that's  $2,295.01  less than Alico

Scan 5   Sports Memorabilia Muhammad Ali robe, listed for $ 3.005.98

Scan 6   Sports Memorabilia Muhammad Ali robe image copied and used by Substance
Collectables for only $ 1,699.00, that's  $  1306.98 less than
              Sports Memorabilia 

This situation is really almost comical if it werent for customers getting ripped off. First he is stealing pictures form major websites to put himself into? Then, you have this goofy looking dude pasting himself into pictures that look ridiculous, even funny. Quite frankly im surprised these companies really havent gone after him for a nice sum. And then in an even bigger twist of irony, apparently he has been a member on this site at one point and gave out quite abit of advice. Good or bad i dont know, but i can guess.

Surely if Milton Lubin has any kind of ethics or integrity he will come here and speak to his defense.. Granted their is no defense. If he doesnt, then i think its safe to assume that Milton Lubin is deliberately trying to fool customers with false advertising. I hope the companies he is ripping off take the appropriate action.

The senior authenticator is a man of shadow, not substance.

Scan 1 Sugar Ray Leonard  photograph of Getty Images
Scan  2  The Getty Images photo used by the senior authenticator of Substance Collectables, placing his watermark on it, as if it was his photo
Scan 3  Associated Press photo of Floyd Mayweather
Scan 4   Associated Press photo of Mayweather used by the senior authenticator of Substance Collectables, placing his watermark on it, as if it was his photo
Scan 5   Muhammad Ali at 2012 Olympics photo,  by Cameron Spencer of Getty Images-Europe.
Scan  6   The Cameron Spencer photo used by the senior authenticator Substance Collectables on his web site during the duration of Olympics, to promote his web site.
Scan 7   Joe Frazier New York Times photo
Scan 8   Joe Frazier New York Times photo used by the senior authenticator of Substance Collectables.

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service