We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Jason had started a thread; http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/what-is-exact-proof-...  

and like all good threads there are discussions witin discussions but this sub-discussion came up on a dealer Milton Lubin & http://www.substancecollectables.com/boxing_hall_of_fame___1

It appears that in 2003 although the Lubans were properly served but they failed to answer the complaint.

DECISION AND ORDER
MARRERO, District Judge.
By order dated July 22, 2003, the Court authorized entry of a default judgment in favor of plaintiffs Tiffany (NJ) Inc. and Tiffany and Company (collectively, "Tiffany") and against defendants Milton and Connie Luban and their company Luban Incorp. (collectively, the "Lubans"), the proprietors of an internet site selling counterfeit Tiffany merchandise in violation of the Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1114(1), 1116(d). Upon consideration of Tiffany's written and oral evidence as to its damages, the Court awards Tiffany a judgment in the amount of $573,818.64.

Jason went on further in one comment;

This link is the link with the guy and the actual photo we have on files one doctored that has the guy mentioned above.

http://bertorelli.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/rocky%c2%b4s-boxing-glov...

On 17 May 2012 the guys who were building a file heard the following news : He received a letter from the lawyers of Prince Marketing and Super Star Greetings today. Telling him to remove all items and images of Joe Frazier, Micky Ward, Roy Jones Jr, Hulk Hogan, Chuck Zito, Vinnie Paz and the Super Star Greetings logo. This guy is total scum and is getting what he deserves.

The most famous website in the world for tackling fakes did a special on him here you can read it for your selfs. click the link.

I wont pu the photos yet I will leave them as aces in our hands till we have too but I believe there is enough here to make your minds up if this is true or not.

http://www.isitreal.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=7...

Recently I received some photos that appear to have been photoshopped and were alleged to be used by Milton Lubin to promote his product offerings.  The one on the left is what has been alledged as the real one while the one on the right has been alledged as fake ones that were used as "proof" pictures.

One recent excerpt from Jason;

Ps yes DB strange here seems no one in America cares about what s going on in their door step and on of this forums own.    (sometimes Jason - it takes some extra cycles ;-)

Since I have no dogs in this fight and Milton Lubin is an AML member here as was pointed out in the intial thread above, it would be pertinent to have some feedback on these claims and allegations.

Tags: Milton-Lubin, Substance-Collectables

Views: 34874

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Shoppers:

STAY TUNED TO THIS FORUM. MUCH MORE TO COME

IN THE INTERIM TO PROTECT YOURSELF IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT AN ITEM THAT HAS A SUBSTANCE COLLECTIBLES HOLOGRAM ON IT, YOU CAN GO TO THIS SITE:

http://www.psacard.com/store/t-quickopinion.aspx

Pay $10.00, follow the prompts, and have PSA/DNA, (as you will see that Substance Collectibles supports by selling items authenticated by this company) and PSA/DNA will email you within 1-2 days with a rendered opinion of the autograph on the item you may be looking to purchase that has a Substance Collectibles "hologram" certification upon it. This is a safe $10.00 to pay for the opinion of a company that is much more reputable than Substance Collectibles. If for any reason, PSA/DNA cannot render an opinion to you as "genuine" or "not genuine" then they will refund your $10.00. Small price to pay for protection of your money you work hard to earn. Also, Substance sells several items that state come with "pre authentication from PSA/DNA". What that means is that PSA/DNA has looked at the item, just as you will pay $10 to have them look at and Substance "hologram" item. With his "pre authentication" you will receive a copy of an email (like you will receive, if it passes) that you send in with the item and then pay full authentication costs, minus $10 (if the pre-authentication was dated within a minimum time frame).

POINT? Substance makes claim that PSA/DNA's process, that is suggested here via the link above called "quick opinion" is a "bogus" service, yet they offer the same "PSA/DNA pre-certification" on a few of their items????  Now, I know of no one yet that has purchased an item from Substance that has this "PSA/DNA pre-certification" so I do not really know if you are receiving a true document protecting you with PSA/DNA. I can only caution you to ask to see a copy of the document offered with the item to insure that it is truly from PSA/DNA before you buy it.

MORE TO COME ON THAT TOO AS WE DO MORE RESEARCH.

Quick Clarification: When Substance Collectibles refers to an item being "pre-certified by PSA/DNA", that is a "quick opinion". It would be an email that Lubin received stating that the item is likely genuine. Other items with Substance Collectibles holograms on them I guess they did not pass PSA/DNA's quick opinion so he puts his hologram on those. 

My BIG question is this. If Substance Collectibles "rubs elbows" with ALL the celebrities, as he makes you believe with all the photos (I mean photoshopped photos) posted on his website then you would think that he would have a ton of items signed by all these celebrities. Why sell items authenticated by PSA/DNA, pre-PSA/DNA, JSA and Online Authentics? His website should be covered with items signed by all these celebrities and all with his own "highly authentic company holograms" (not) and no room for anything else.

Milton Lubin also throws in this line about how Online Authentics, after 2001, controls all of Ali's signings in order to combat all the Ali fakes going around. He situates that comment in a way that would make you think that he is somehow involved with this company. I can promise you that there is no way any of these authentication companies would be associated with Milton Lubin in any way whatsoever. They are high class companies that do not team up with sellers of any kind. Its a matter of policy for these companies. Again, "a play on words".

NEXT.......WE ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT THOSE ALI SIGNED BOXING TRUNKS.....TALK ABOUT "BOGUS"

Ebay seller nirvana-716 listed Josh Koscheck signed boxing glove on auctions 190828550178 and 190822128434. Item was from the stock of the senior authenticator. It had coa
Substance Collectables, and accordingly it was removed April 26, 2013.

Scans 3 and 4

Ebay seller nirvana-716 had listed Frank Mir signed bxing glove on auction 190822128694. Item was from the stock of the senior authemnticator. It had
coa Substance Collectables, and accordingly it was removed April 26, 2013

Good job AC, keep the proof coming. Also, shoppers, refer back in this forum to the "fake" autographed Ali trunks and see where Substance suggest (as the description was taken directly from Substance's website) that you can buy these trunks and re-sale them (although its re-sell) and suggest to do that on ebay where you will get shut down just like the seller with the UFC glove.

EVERYTHING THAT SEEMS TO GET A "SUBSTANCE COLLECTIBLES" AUTHENTICATION COA AND SO CALLED HOLOGRAM ON IT IS WHAT PSA/DNA, JSA, GAI OR OA WON'T PUT THEIRS ON

I THINK WE ALL GET THE POINT THAT THIS COMPANY IS A "RIP OFF" AND "SCAMMER"

WE, LIKE AC, WILL KEEP THE PROOF COMING. IN THE MEANTIME STICK WITH LEGIT COMPANIES

May 14, 2013, ebay seller royal_gold_jewelers  listed Muhammad Ali signed and framed Flip Schulke photo, asking  395.00 for it, on auction 310669838302.. The item was from
the stock of the senior authenticator, it had coa American Greats/Substance Collectables, and accordingly it was removed.

On May 15, 2013, the seller, using an alternate id, royalpalm2 relisted the same item on auction 230981332967, for $ 249.95, which was removed May 19, 2013. So if people think that Substance Collectables is not on the eBay banned list maybe just maybe they should think again.

In the end Milton will regret his actions.

Scan 1

from SSAuthenticators.com site of the senior authenticator before it was shut down July, 2012. It reads at the top" A Sampling of Items that have been Authenticated" and
below that "The finest in Muhammad Ali Collectibles have been authenticated by SSAuthenticators.com."  Notice the signed boxing trunks
in upper right corner and the ring in lower right corner.

Scan 2

Close up Scan of the Muhammad Ali ring from SSAuthenticators.com web page- the caption reads: 1978  Muhammad Ali's Personal
"Three Times World Champion" Ring

Scans 3 and 4

Heritage Auctions scans of the Muhammad Ali ring whose image was copied and their text. Heritage Auctions had a typed letter signed by Muhammad Ali with
loas from PSA/DNA and JSA on the Ali provenance letter. No mention on SSAuthenticators,com  authenticating the ring.

Scan 5 

Close up scan of The Muhammad Ali signed trunks from the SSAuthenticators.com page, indicating they were for training from
second Spinks fight.

Scans 6 and 7

Heritage Auctions scans of Ali signed training trunks whose image had been copied and their text. The loa was from Craig Hamilton. No mention on SSAuthenticators,com  authenticating the
trunks.

Scan 1

On April 26, 2013 ebay seller nirvana-716 had auctions 190822128434 and 190828550178 removed, and on May 4, 2013 auction
190818906963 removed , Josh Koscheck signed boxing glove, as it was from the stock of the senior authenticator, it had coa
Substance Collectables.

Scans 2 and 3

The seller relisted the glove on auction 190846659310 removing any reference to Substance Collectables, in an attempt to avoid
detection, and it was removed May 28, 2013.

Scans 1 and 2

On November 15, 2012, ebay seller hee-haw! listed Muhammad Ali signed serigraph on auction 290633373476  , sales price $ 3,499.99.

Scan 3

On May 26, 2013, the same item with exact same photo, text, and sales price appeared on the home page of Substance Collectables.

On June 2, 2013, the auction was removed,

It's just amazing that Substance sells any product that is even actually authenticated by a REAL authenticator based on their pricing. They price things OUTRAGEOUSLY. Does anyone really think that a serigraph of Ali that has NO real authentication will actually sell for $3500??? Really??? Oh, and its discounted from $7500. Give me a frickin break. This guy Milton is so stupid that it is pathetic that he really thinks people believe items sell for what he has them listed for. Since Milton likes to "crop" images so much with himself and other celebrities then someone should "crop" him into a photo from the movie "DUMB AND DUMBER" and say "hey look, Milton was in a movie, here is the photo". He was the dumber one!!!!

Also wanted to bring to everyone's attention the "signed" Ali trunks that AC posted from Substance's website on page 7 of this forum. If you look at the "signatures" (won't refer to them as autographs) does anyone see anything odd? Well there is. I have examined all of Ali's exemplars (known autographs) and have not found one autograph that has the "d" at the end of Muhammad with a "flag" looking mark at the top like shown on the Ali trunks. FAKE...FAKE....FAKE....and it has the Substance authentication with it....amazing. It's also amazing to see how those trunks are all stacked nice and "pretty" for the buyer to see on his website and all the "signatures" are all at the same slant and in the almost exact same spot on every trunk. Again, amazing. Even at an Ali signing event this does not happen, especially these days. Again, they are FAKES. Anything I have seen with Substance authentication documents with it is FAKE. Item after item. This guy is "scum" and he rips people off.

Holly shmolly this is still an open case this is mental lol.

I have been very busy not had time to post anything sorry , But the rest of you guys have been doing a good job .. Rock ON !!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service