We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi Guys,

There might be another thread with the same name somewhere on the blog, but i haven't seen a thread i can recall that dealt specifically on this topic. And its something i find really interesting and exciting. I think all of us have occasionally come across an amazing autograph, often extremely rare, offered for an unbelievably low price.

Now, im not talking about your average deals here. We come across great values all the time, but coming across items that have a value of 3 to 4 times what you paid for them, if not much more, is more uncommon. And its those that i find so interesting. And i would love to hear what you consider your best "steal" on an autograph.

Mine would probably be my Wes Montgomery "Travelin Wes" gatefold signed mint LP. I purchased this off ebay a couple years back. The guy was selling it for his friend who was a bar manager at a club Wes played at. He had Wes sign the LP and then he put it away. The signature is large for a Wes signature and very bold and distinct. It is the best signature example i have ever seen from him. I paid 200 BIN for it. 

Realistically that item probably would go for 1500 to 2000 dollars at a high profile auction. RR sold a nice full sig Wes photo a while back and it got around 1400 i think. So as far as value, thats probably my best. Whats yours?

Views: 3734

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got it from all places........AlwaysatAuction when I visited their forgery den. Of course it came out of the owners office. Not out of the warehouse.

Too funny!  Go figure

I have to clarify the Maris thing.  My friend sent him 4 new MacPhail balls back in 1979, to his distributorship in Gainesville FL. Back then, Roger signed everything, in fact it was to the point where you couldn't give his signature away. I know its hard to believe. my friend had to twist my arm to take this ball for 12 bucks. I finally gave in.  and now it is one of the high points of my collection.

You couldnt get him down to $10, lol.

I've got Mantles as low as $20... LOL. I genuinely felt bad for the seller!
Nice
I was at a yard sale and a lady was selling frames and I noticed that in 2 frames was the 1980 USA hockey team photo and it looked signed one was number to 1000 I think and the other was to 1500 the one numbered to 1000 had herb brooks autogrsph the other didn't. I asked the lady how much and if she knew if they were real she said I am not sure of they are real but I will take $20 a piece! Needless to say I could not get my wallet out fast enough because either way it was worth the gamble just for the frames. Turns out they are real and they were from a private signing that the whole team attended but coach said I will only sign 1000. I still have both retail value around $2500 in auction!
Nice. I'd like to see them if you get a chance to put them up.

Yes, please show pics, thats amazing

I got a Mark Messier Louisville hockey stick poster appx 24x36 signed with 94 cup w/ PSA and inscription for $11 delivered.   One of my favorites was, believe it or not was from Steiner.  5 or 6 years ago they had a special on the Manning Family triple signed 16x20.  I got it framed for $180 delivered.  To top it off part of the special for spending over a certain amount I got a Yogi Berra signed ball for free with a display case.   

Judas Priest album signed by all the members of the band that has a  JSA authentication letter for $75.00

Great idea for a thread - I love deals & steals!!!

Just got this one yesterday!!!  It was at a local auction house, selling off a single owner's collection of sports memorabilia.  There was just one item in the whole auction that they said they didn't know who the autograph was...it was described as a football with 2 autographs.   Of course I recognized them as Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith!  Also, had a WeTrak tag/COA attached to it, which was who Emmitt used for his signings...it's limited edition #'d out of 34...i've found several of these on worthpoint that have sold in the past, in the $1000-$1250 range.   I got it for $100 !

I'll post some more steals later...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service