We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I purchased 2 items from neautograph.com one being a signed poster of Rebel without a Cause by James Dean claiming to be an original 1950's German poster when it arrived it was nothing like the one depicted, and very much English, the other being a signed photo of Princess Diana. I took both to Paul Fraser of Paul Frasers Collectibles and formerly Frasers Auctions he confirmed that after a thorough inspection they are both forgeries so I contacted neautograph to report my findings and to request a refund as they boast a lifetime money back guarantee. After a few days they replied stating they would issue a full refund but that was 2 months ago and they are now ignoring my emails. I have informed the FBI via their website.

Views: 9165

Replies to This Discussion

Regarding NE autographs: I bought a signed Obama book which turned out not to be the one listed and also an obvious forgery.
They ignored all my requests and I finally decided to get tough. I cut and pasted 100 emails and sent them every day, loading up their mail box. Each was from a different address and a different subject,so they had to open them.
After a week, they sent a full refund. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info Jeffrey, I will start doing likewise tomorrow!!
Just looked at their site. In my opinion forgeries abound. Hope they are not from New England.
http://www.neautograph.com/inc/sdetail/114

How in the %#@!& can this JAWS poster be signed by Robert Shaw when he died on August 28, 1978!!!!!!!!!!
Sandie,

Thanks for sharing your experience. This place is bad news. There is no doubt that something is not authentic when you have a James Dean or Humphrey Bogart poster supposedly signed by them yet produced 30 years after their passing. Best of luck getting a refund.

Tricia
Thanks Tricia

I am still trying to get my refund!
If they were UK based they would have had the Office of fair Trading prosecuting them!

Sandie
Exactly!!!!!
Sandie -

Consider a complaint to U.S. Postal Inspectors based in the area where the item was shipped (New York City). It's a long-shot but certainly better than the FBI. Years ago I had an agent friend track them to a post office box three blocks from his office (!) but frankly the scale of their fraud just isn't enough to get them involved in this case.

Best of luck.
I to early on fell for neaautograph. They have been selling the same signed dead poster for over 4 years and have been contacted to look at at least 3 I purchased the very same poster on line advertised as the very last poster ever signed by the dead at the Soldier Field show after consulting authenticators and reading on this site ive learned enough to believe was ripped off.

We received the email at the bottom of this comment from a member account set up in the name of Sam Finely. He claimed to actually be Sam Baxter, an attorney representing Neautograph. They demanded that we take down this discussion and anything else on Autograph Magazine Live! mentioning their name or their URL.

I declined, but offered for them to join the conversation. They declined and reiterated their demands, threatening to sue us, take down our Web sites, etc.

I didn't think it wasn't from an attorney, or anyone with any legal knowledge. I looked up the law firm, found it existed, emailed them, and was directed to the REAL Sam Baxter. This is what I received back (Mr. Baxter gave me permission to use his name.)

Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:57 AM
To: Steve Cyrkin
Subject: Re: NE Autographs C&D

I have never heard of them. It is a complete fraud. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 16, 2011, at 10:53 AM, "Steve Cyrkin" a href="mailto:steve.cyrkin@autographmagazine.com">steve.cyrkin@autographmagazine.com> wrote:

Dear Mr. Baxter:

We received the message at the bottom of this email from someone claiming to be you and representing NE Autographs. The email address they used, however, was sam.finely@yahoo.com. Could you please confirm that it came from you?

This is the message the fake Sam Baxter sent me:

Sam Finely reported the following issue on Autograph Magazine Live!

URL Reported:http://live.autographmagazine.com/?xg_source=msg_report

Issue:Fraud

Additional Information:To Whom It May Concern;

This letter  is to demand the removal  of a forum on your website forum listed below;

Neautograph.com Forgeries!

Posted by Sandie Strickland on June 15, 2010 at 3:31am in Authentication and Forgery Alert

We are the representing the proprietors of all copyright in a literary/artistic/musical work entitled to the operators of Neautograph.com.We have reserved  rights , to which was are expressed in material form. It has come to our attention that this forum entitled " Neautograph Forgies! " has a copyrighted name  which was not given permission or neither asked, nor granted consent to reproduce there name and  therefore constitutes infringement of their rights. In terms of the Copyright Statutes, we are entitled to an injunction against your continued infringement, as well as to recover damages from you for the loss we have suffered as a result of your infringing conduct.

We demand that you immediately  remove all infringing content and notify us in writing that you have done so, If not we will pursue financial and litigations  settlement  to compensate our client for the damages caused as a result of these slanderous statement

McKool &  Smith

Sam Baxter, Intellectual Property Litigator

Ph: 214.463.4840

I'll tell the rest of the story later, but they tried to hijack our domain name and take down our Web sites! I kid you not. They tried to transfer our domain name to GoDaddy. I have never seen anything like it in my life. These are federal crimes they're committing...bizarre.

Has anyone else here been threatened by someone representing Neautograph?

If you have, please don't let them intimidate you. Contact me.

Here's a link on what to do if you buy forgeries: 

http://live.autographmagazine.com/profiles/blogs/what-to-do-if-you-...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service