We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi, I purchased this 1960s hotel bag back in the early 90s at a local flea market. I think i may have paid a quarter for it. It was pretty dirty and stained and it's made of that vinyl that feels like a record surface (can't stand touching it). I didn't really get to do much research on it (not much in the way of internet in the early 90s) and the bag went into a box and was stored away. I recently rediscovered it and started checking it out. There are a ton of signatures on this bag. On the front, I identified Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, and Laurance Rockefeller. On the back which has many more autographs, I've only identified Jackie Liwae Pung (a pro at the hotel). Most of the back autographs (about 20) are very faded and hard to read. There are two odd ones, that may be jokes. One is Betsy Emory Palmer and the other is Quado? Jamison? Nicklaus. On the front, Nicklaus added "66" after his signature. Written right above the word Hotel on the bag front is "Bradstreet". I've done the internet pretty thoroughly and can't find too much detail on the hotel or golf events from this era. Does anybody have any information on the 1966 Hawaiian Open (golfer/caddy attendees) or staff at the hotel/golf course. I think this is a pretty decent find, even in it's condition. 

Views: 146

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Replies to This Discussion

more pics

Attachments: No photo uploads here

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service