We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Fake Autographed Premiere Poster Crisis? (Iron Man 3 $1300 fake)

I got an email today with realized prices from the recent Nate Sanders auction and an Iron Man 3 premiere poster caught my eye:

http://natedsanders.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=15656

It has a gorgeous COA with a pretty hologram. The only problem is every autograph looks like a blatant forgery. The only one that comes close is the Stan Lee autograph. 

Now, I've seen these kinds of things on ebay, but never on an auction site as reputable as Nate Sanders. What could be going on? Oftentimes when these are on ebay it's usually the same deal: big summer movies or box office smashes, pretty COAs, tales of premieres, holograms, limited editions. They put a lot of effort into making these seem legit, and I guess it causes people to overlook the signatures themselves.

So where do these come from, and why are they now being recognized by established, reputable dealers? There's nothing I'm missing here... those are fake signatures, right? Are the letters/homogralms/etc. fake too, or are studios producing these as freebies and then throwing "secereterial signatures" on them?

Views: 8498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree and have been warning people this year about these fakes. Complete with made up stories fake letters stamps etc. If only we could find the source. There is no signing sessions going on at hollywood premieres I can tell you that :). I have seen a lot of Marvel Movies. Expendables Batman Avengers A Team etc in last year.

The coas holos etc are all fake quite a elaborate scam

So the question is... how did Nate Sanders auction this item? I didn't even have to pull exemplars to see these were fake. Is this a simple case of trusting the pretty COA?

Even better, how did 8 bidders kick this up to almost $1300 without realizing it's fake?

Everytime a movie comes out, new eBay accounts pop up selling fully signed movie posters with holograms, stamps and coas from the movie studio.

The movie studios do produce these posters and yes they do give them out at the premiers, but the holograms are meant to certify the authenticity of the poster, not of any signatures that are on it. This is confusing because some studios, MGM in particular, do have actual signed posters produced with their hologram. So I think forgers have just picked up on the fact that people are buying these blindly.

Look on eBay the next time a big movie comes out, accounts with 20 feedback selling 50+ autographed posters over the span of a month. They make bank too, some posters sell for a few grand.

I knew this was happening in the wild west known as ebay, but I'm very bothered by the fact that it's bled over to reputable auction houses.

thanks for the info! i have seen many Dark Knight Rises signed cast posters on ebay that i always wondered if were actually authentic since they have the numbered holograms, WB poster tube and a representative from WB's signature. do you know if they really did give these away during the premiere or do you think they are all fakes with just "pretty COAs"? this seller is exactly what you said lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-27x40-DS-Cast-Signed-...

I haven't seen ONE Iron Man (series) poster that has had anything but a "G.P." signature for Paltrow (drives me nuts!), the Ty Simpkins ("Harley") is also way off.  I'll post a Black and Simpkins from an IM3 poster I have and an example of the Paltrow.  

Do you know if the Dark Knight Rises signed posters were really distributed by WB at the premieres? It wouldnt surprise me if the autographs are not real but im just curious if they really were passed out at the premieres or are they all fakes with "shiny holograms" to dupe buyers

Ok guys I need an opinion. I recently bought a fake autographed MOS Poster on ebay with the same BS COA from the company + they offered an official WB stamp. Opened up a case on ebay and am now having my money returned to me safety. Are all of these posters fake? I came across another dealer who swears his poster is real, could I get an opinion from anyone, before I make the same mistake twice?

There are 4 signatures on this poster that end the same way. Looks to me like the same person signed at least those 4 signatures. I wouldn't touch it.

Definitely all fake.

All of these posters are fake. Anyone who thinks there is some type of back room vip only signing at premieres with these celebrities and that some how regulaur people who work there or attend somehow are able to just take the left overs is delusional. 100 percent fake signatures and a elaborate scam.

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service