We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Lot of Michael Jackson signatures... real or fake? (Forger Erick Oswaldo McKay, Erick Mckay Burgos) marc-at2014, always-4-fun, bluelifesaver, disneycolector eBay names

Hope I'm asking this in the right section...
I've recently bumped into this person's little collection of MJ sigs...

http://billiejean5809.deviantart.com/gallery/

My concern is that all those sigs look too similar... I'm thinking they're signed by the same person, but I'm stumped as to if they're really Michael.

Thank you for any opinions/help in advance.

MODERATOR NOTE:  All of Erick McKay Burgos' art folders on Deviant Art have been removed by him after being outted here.  They were screen captured before his removal and are listed below.   Please use them to reference as you read through this thread.

Tags: Burgos, Erick, Jackson, Jacksons, McKay, Michael, always-4-fun, always-last-1, always.top.10, bluelifesaver, More…disneycolector, jacksong, marc-at2014, song_jack

Views: 63272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is another authenticated Geo Washington on sale here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JACKSON-SIGNED-AUTOGRAPH-ARTWORK-OF...

Hi Liz,

Didn't want you to think I didn't see this, or the Mickey you just posted.  I am going to start a thread on MJ drawings that people can add drawings into for people to comment on... I probably should not have compared the tracings here to begin with - as it completely took over Ema's Erick thread and the work we've all done uncovering him.  I did so however as the Michael sig with the star was brought up here and Mem Vault answered on this thread.

One thing I would like to stress, is that anyone buying any type of MJ drawing (or even just an autograph for that matter) needs to do their homework thoroughly, including doing your own digging of information on the piece your buying.  Fans are notorious for buying up "Anything MJ" and sometimes they can get fooled in their excitement to own something MJ once touched or signed or drew.   There are a lot of drawings that came out after he died, and they keep coming, most have atypical things in them.  Hopefully the thread on drawings can shed some light on where these items truly originated.

-w

Thank you, another 'Drawings' thread would be great.

They seem to be flooding the market at the moment, especially MJ-style historic portraits and Disney pieces (or indeed as here 'historic Disney portrait). 

There are five at the link below.

Please do move this response when the new thread is up and running.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Hi Lizzie, I sent you a private message on how to start a discussion up, sorry, I have been tied up here... you can then pull the ones here that you posted and stick them there, and I'll pop in after.  Post a link to that discussion here if you wouldn't mind once its started.  If you can't figure it out, let me know. 

-w

Thank you.  Discussions of 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters' (not Erick) have been transferred to this thread:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/michael-jackson-draw...

I wanted to do an update here on Erick's Radar Online drawings/forgeries. 

I did talk to Joe last week, the owner of the new Erick forgeries, and while I had hoped he would talk to Roger so he could tell him what he had, he didn't want to do that, because someone at JSA/FL had already authenticated them, they also told him he had hit the "Jackpot"--according to him.  (I have only seen 2 of the JSA approvals but they look legit. so I do believe him).  I also gave him Steves phone number, as Steve said I could do that too. Before we ended our convo, he did ask me "I suppose this isn't legit either"

"Its on the back of this!!"

I don't respond to its authenticity, as I only see a flash of it in a thumbnail, but once I open it after our discussion, its in the same style that Erick sold on eBay this year that PSA said they wouldn't authenticate... and it was sent back to Erick... its where I finally obtained his home address (a forum member had bought it). Erick did fight against the return (it was 1000 worth of bad merch)--but eBay sided with the buyer and refunded him.

Once Joe and I end our convo, I take a quick peek at his FB just so see if I can figure out who suckered him...(for the record, I applaud Joe and what his intentions were for this merchandise, which was going to be sold to help him fund his work in helping people recover from drug addiction)  and within a minute or two, I spot an MJ "signed" pillowcase that Joe owns not very far down in his pics, and a person named Miguel Jackson asks him if he owns it, and compliments it (this person used the same MJ photo as Erick has on one of his past FB accounts) I click on Miguel's' profile and there in his pics on the home page of his FB, was the back stage pass.

Down further I see this:

Thalia and Michael Jackson.
Cuando Michael y Tommy enemistaron, Thalia , tuvo que decir adiós a una gran cantidad de objetos de interés que el propio Michael era un regalo.

Translation:
When Michael and Tommy fell out, Thalia, had to say goodbye to a lot of memorabilia that Michael himself was a gift.

And his profile about page is:

As soon as I spotted Erick's new profile (after grabbing the screen shots) - I added him as a friend.  Of course he removed the backside pic of the backstage pass right away-- as well as the Thalia photo.

I did text him (FB) after I saw he removed the pics and sent him just a pic of the back side--- it took him 35 minutes after "seeing it" to finally say.... he doesn't speak Englais (I had predicted this in an email I sent to Ema). Everything is in Spanish on his page, but we also know Erick is of the same decent--and also has Spanish all over his own FB page. I then told him Joe had also sent me a pic of the backstage pass too.

Erick sent Joe all the normal things the forgers do here on our forum once they are busted... as soon as Joe asked him about the items, all the dirt on Steve and Roger was spewed, and he was told to go read Ripoff report.  Ema and I got pushed under the bus this time with them too.  Even after I sent Joe a link to JSA's web showing Roger as one of their experts.

Ericks new profile (which was created this year).

Joe if your also reading I just looked back at our convo and Erick comes from the L.A. area, I didn't see you asked that.

-w

I just reread through this.  The first time I sent it--it erased the first few paragraphs, so I had to resend and try to remember what I had in the missing ones.  I missed re-adding -- that we previously had the same story given to us on AML here that Thalia had been given gifts of drawings from MJ, and someone showed up here with one of them by the name of Anna - it was a drawing from Erick - and it was easy for us to spot.   When Joe told me Sony/Mexico - I replied, yes I'm sure, by Thalia right?  He said then you know who she is.  I told him yes, Erick has used this story previously.  (for those not familiar with Thalia, she is the Mexican singer who is married to former Sony head, Tommy Mottola). 

-w

Erick is trying to add pics back in now that I said that he removed them (Joe are you paying attention to this?)  He added Thalia and Mottola back onto his page (which now shows up in the first spot---) it also shows it was edited.  He backdated it to July 22.... even though he added it just 2 days ago--if you put your mouse over the "clock" it will show you when it was really added.  Erick you just keep hanging yourself.... you make my job easy.  Sorry folks I know that my obsession with this is a bit overboard, but since he talked Joe into believing him I want Joe to see exactly who he's dealing with if he should ever come onto the forum to read through this.

-w

Another Erick found on a Russian website

This one sold at Gotta Have it rock n roll auction 2 years ago.

They had Ericks clown drawing previously as well, so it doesn't surprise me.   Thank you for the info.   :)

w

Gotta Have Rock And Roll has another Erick McKay forgery up for sale right now (Nov - 2014)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service