We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

There has been a lot of confusion lately about Elvis Presley autographs due to a discussion that was recently posted. Elvis is one of the hardest autographs to authenticate as he had so many styles of signatures. After 20+ years of studying his autograph even I can get fooled every once and awhile. What messes up the forger is greed. The autograph gets too consistant for Elvis and they get caught. Recently a VERY good forger popped up and fooled me and others. The good thing is before the forgeries could be sold we figured out the forgeries and put a stop to this person. As you will see in this post "Elvis was consistantly inconsistant in the way he signed and wrote". There are though things he always did that show through though. All I am going to do here is post authentic signatures. I won't be explaining them in any way, that will be for you to do to educate yourselves. I will answer some questions though if needed. Enjoy!

Views: 17096

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now please remember that I don't claim to be perfect, I stated that in the beginning of this blog.  I make mistakes too, just very, very few. That's my job.
That one is CLEARLY a fake, there was a person, based in Canada who made these. ( photo with cvtreasures.com copyright)
Maybe to you but to the adults on this blog probably not.  If true it would be a human making a human error.

Andreas,

And you have your opinion too, that's great.  I have studied the Canadian forgers for years now and in my opinion I do not believe this was done by them. 

Hi Andreas,

Welcome to Live! When I approved your membership yesterday, I noticed that you called yourself a beginner. If you're a beginner, why are you so sure it's bad? Can you upload some examples that support your case? 

Kevin alone is very careful about authenticity. He guarantees everything for life and I know a collector he gave a refund to a couple years ago on something he sold in the early-1990s.

Hi Steve,

Yes, I consider my self as a beginner. I don't consider myself an expert in anything because I'm simply a collector.

This particular piece was sold on ebay. I started looking for Elvis' autograph in 2006. Since I'm located in Norway I thought Ebay was the only way to find something like this.

The seller went by these seller ids: aztec-rino, sunlady1969, percypurple, bigjake1120, roadshowcarny, sweetcarnation

One thing that made me suspicious was that the seller didn't want payment to go through paypal..

Here are a few examples:

http://julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/3/lot/208/from/find...

http://julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/3/lot/238/from/find...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-SIGNED-AUTOGRAPHED-VINTAGE-LO...

This only goes by memory, and I do remember these being sold on ebay by this seller..

I agree that the ones you posted here are from the Canadian forgers.  The difference and the biggest problem they did when they were forging was the first "E" in Elvis.  Theres was usually too tall or started out at the mid point of the "E" almost making it look like it tilted backwards.  The one on the poster does not have those characteristics and all of the ones I have seen from Canada have this.  If you pull up their feedback you can see that I posted they were selling forgeries.
Roger, can you post the differences?

I don't how to that on this site and I'm now home for the weekend.

I am 99% certain this did not sell on Ebay.  I have a lot of history on this item that the Canadian's don't offer, even when and where and for whom it was signed for.  This next example you show looks absolutely nothing like the poster.  The salutation is not close the "E" again is bigger then the "L" and it's a mess.  Look at the "Y" on the photo I posted and then the one on the poster, they are near perfect matches.  Note the backward slash mark after he finishes the "Y", exact.  The Canadians didn't do that.  I'm sure I can find many examples of the "P" touching the "R" in my files and I don't work from memory.

The problem here is when you posted you wrote "this CLEARLY is" making it look like you are the end all of all opinions on this signature and that the 5 other people that looked it are nuts.  So this gives fuel to Greg's fire that he has caught me making a mistake when in fact I studied this piece very closely on more then one occasion, not from memory but from side by side comparisons to known exemplars.  Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but I do defend my opinions as they are VERY educated ones.  When you posted your comment Greg jumped on it like a baby kitty on her mommas teet.  It's fine to make your own opinion and make a statement but using all cap type is just the same on any blog as getting an all cap email from your boss, it makes a difference.

Roger,

I apologize your using capital letters on that. I can see why this may seem disrespectful. I'm simply sharing my own opinion and from remembering a piece like this that sold on ebay. A friend of mine actually purchased a signed note from this seller. The way the Y is written in Presley is consistent with the latest forgeries I saw from this seller. I thought of taking a screenshot of those auctions, but unfortunately I didn't do that.

Again, I'm sorry  if I have written anything that is disrespectful.

No problem, your opinion is welcome here.  I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from.  Thanks

Roger

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for filling me in--and the examples. Are you saying this exact one, with WWW.CVTREASURES.COM was sold on eBay? Could you point out specifically why you're sure the poster is a forgery?

Thanks

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service