We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Came across a '52 Yankees "team signed" ball.  Link is below.  This looks like a souvenier ball to me.  I know the Dodgers gave them out.  Did the Yankees?

Thanks,

Travis Wallace

http://www.fanatics.com/MLB_New_York_Yankees/1952_New_York_Yankees_...

Tags: '52, Yankees, ball

Views: 373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Those are hand signed signatures.
But yes, in regards to souvenir stamped balls, I'm sure all teams had them.

Thank you, Mike.

No problem, just a little trick you can use:

Authentic hand signed baseballs: will almost always (99.9999%) of the time have signatures that are overlapping.

Stamped souvenir baseballs: almost always have signatures that do not touch each other and have their signatures positioned at perfect angles. 

Unless you're positive the Mantle isn't a clubhouse, I'm not sure that's worth anywhere near $4000, though. The Ed Lopat shows shellac chipping, so I'd assume the other parts of the ball may look even worse. Also, once shellac starts to degrade, I'm not sure the process can be reversed. Even if the Mantle *is* good, I couldn't see the ball being worth more than $1500 with the condition issues present.

I think Dane is right on regarding the pricing.  This is a world championship ball, in decent shape for the age, but the price they are asking is more than double what I believe the market will pay.  I recently purchased a 1953 yankee team signed ball, not as nice as this one, but paid about 1/10 what they are asking.

awesome Terrier,

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service