We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let education be your friend. Now the fraudsters are demanding money to con you.

Hmm. Here is a rushed standing IP from the John Brennen Collection:

Blimey! I wouldn't buy that if the pope was selling it. 

Nor I! But genuine - just hideously poor.

I have no idea how anyone can authenticate a squiggle! Behold belief.

If i posted that photo on this forum, it would be an unanimous NO. And quite rightly. I could never convince myself it was genuine. It's a squiggle.

This is much prettier ;) And much earlier:

I always need to convince myself. It doesn't have to be totally typical, but i stay away from rushed ones.

I would be embarrassed to say i paid money for it. I wouldn't sell it on eBay as it would probably screw up my feedback.

I simply start with the presumption that everything is forged and work from there. If I can't see it is genuine I don't buy. I am anti-TPG and prefer to do my own work. Rushed examples are to be avoided in most all cases, yes.

That one you sent is authenticated by Andy. He has no hidden Agenda and is very helpful and knowledgeable. The commercial ones are totally opposite and not to be trusted at face value.

Even the fraudsters ones look more convincing ;-) Not the Andy one.

While my area is 1976-1980 I sent the OP off to Andy at davidbowieautograph.com, where I contribute from time to time, for his valued opinion. That photo was Bowie's favorite and he often carried copies with him to sign for folks who didn't have anything.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service