We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Greetings!

I am a first time poster. Looks like you have a great place here, and as I learn and pursue this hobby it is my hope to be able to contribute to this group and help as I can. Sorry for the long post, I appreciate your attention.

I found this discussion forum through Google when trying to authenticate a bat that has come to my attention. It is not being sold online and is part of a larger private collection that a son is selling for his father. Good story? Who knows.... but I am cautious.

The merchandise they have was all collected in the 70's and 80's when COA were not as big a thing, so none of his items have them. Rolling the dice I just bought a Ted Williams signed baseball from him for $300. By the looks of it, it is authentic (see pic). But I will be sending it out to get authenticated for sure.

The other item they have is a signed 500 Home Run Club bat. Again, not authenticated. The seller says that he and his father used to go to 500 Home Run Club shows in NJ where the players would come and sign merchandise. Apparently he and his father used to carry a whole bunch of stuff to each show. The bat in question (and I will attach photos below) also has Barry Bonds on it. The seller brought the bat back at a later date and paid $500 to have Bonds sign it. Again... I am taking everything with a grain of salt.

He wants $2,500 for the bat. A lot of money. The gentleman selling is only a couple of hours from me. I could drive to him, see that bat and take photos myself and send them off for verification. If the report says they are authentic, I could then purchase the bat and send it off to get a COA.

My question to this group is whether or not the signatures look real enough for further examination and what do you think the range in value of this bat is (I am sure prices go up and down). Any input, criticism, advice or recommendations are appreciate. Thank you!

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Everything looks to be authentic.

I have all these autos and they look pretty spot-on. Also, the Williams ball is beautiful.

You're going to spend way more money than you have to. He wants far too much for that bat. I could see if Mickey Mantle was on there as well. Even then it's a little much. Only get something authenticated if you plan on selling it. The Ted Williams ball doesn't need authenticating unless you plan on selling it. Also, I found a 500 home run bat, that comes with 11 signatures, and it comes with a JSA COA, on eBay for $1250.00. That's half of what you'd be paying for this one. That's a nice deal.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%...

I completely agree, this is way too much to spend for this bat, especially without Mantle on it.

John and Steve, thank you so much for your advice. It is easy to get caught up in this. Thanks for talking me off the ledge and saving me money. Hope I can return the favor some day.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service