We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

For the last week I have been buzzing about what I think is a highly unusual acquisition of Queen items, including a number of fine autographs from April1978. When I bought the archive my Queen collection literally went from 0 to 60 in 10 seconds, or perhaps two minutes.

I am certainly no expert on Queen autographs so before writing too much I'd like to share one of my favourite single signatures and get your opinions on it. It is actually on white card (or heavy paper) but for some reason my camera has given the whole card a blue tinge:

Views: 1322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your comments.

I am now posting four individually-signed cards that were signed boldly with the same pen. As before, the cards are actually white and all measure a shade under 15 cm x 11 cm. These and the cards I've posted so far have all been cropped to show the autographs only. The Freddie and Brian autographs above more or less fill their respective cards. To give an idea of scale for the next four I'm also posting an image of the complete Freddie card.

For some reason when I make this post it appears before a "Hahaha xD" reply by Forgers Sump. To avoid confusion perhaps FS could move that post.

Hi Pug called Eva, my comment was in response to Jimbo's previous one. Nothing to do with your comments posted afer that ;) Anyway, I'll remove it if makes you feel better.

Thanks FS. I saw your post was there before I posted my latest examples. For some reason I just couldn't get my post to appear after yours. All seems fine now.

Wonderful signatures.  

Deserving of a professional framing job with their Jazz album as a theme maybe.

Thanks for sharing.  

Thanks again for your comments.

Next up is a part set. No John but bold, well-placed autographs from the other three and a "Queen" logo from Roger. This one also more or less fills the card, which is 15 cm x 11 cm and actually white:

Really cool, Eva. 

By the way, for my collection, I'm looking for any genuine documents (letters, song manuscripts, dedications, etc) written by Freddie's own hand. If anyone here knows where I could find them, please contact me.

Lovely set.  

You can see hints of Freddie’s early/mid 70’s style transitioning in to his late 70’s style, nice.  

Thanks as always for your comments.

Now a set with all four. Dated dedication from John. Given the careful placement, I would guess there wasn't too much going on at the "party". This rounds off the signed cards. Posters will follow over the coming days.

Here we have the first of the posters, an undedicated Freddie. I guess it is slightly more likely that a fan would fake an autograph on a poster but I am pretty sure this didn't happen in this case. The poster measures 58 cm x 42 cm. I attach an image of the full poster and a close-up of the autograph. 

Today's poster is another Freddie. This time dedicated to the fan at the after-gig "party" and measuring 62 cm x 44 cm. Contrast not so good as with the previous Freddie poster but I prefer both the image and the autograph. 

The next poster is a pretty large (82 cm x 57 cm) one of the full band and is signed by all bar John (as far as I can see). I'm not sure if the marker pen autographs are faded or if the marker pen just didn't take too well to the paper. The poster doesn't have pin-holes/sellotape/Blu Tack in the corners so I doubt it was displayed in the light. As there are also two unsigned versions of this poster in the archive it must have been a favourite of the fan. 

I’m starting to see why Rolf got kicked out the party :). 

All excellent signatures Eva.  Some with better contrast than others but all good. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service