We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A real John Wayne on "Headliner of the Year" program June 1970?

Received this as a donation to a local charitable organization, but provenance is unknown.  See attached jpgs of program cover and closeup of signature.  Program yellowed with age and inside is a LA Herald-Examiner clipping describing the event, again, showing appropriate age.

Since there are apparently many fakes out there and I am a real beginner, any suggestions as to the authenticity of the autograph and best methods to authenticate it and where to actually sell it for the charitable organization would be very much appreciated.  Note that I have no financial interest in this document myself, all proceeds will go to the charity, a community library

Thank you for your assistance.

Tags: ACLA, Authenticate, John Wayne

Views: 158

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have some concerns about this one. It is hard to see clearly although the "o" in John does not look like his typical "o" which is usually very consistent. I am leaning heavily as secretarial.

Thank you for taking the time to review this.  With your notes above, I can see where this differs from other authenticated signatures. 

Just wondering, in the pre-Sharpie days what did folks use to sign photos etc, that have thick ink signatures?

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service