We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I'd like to see how some of you have displayed your albums with the vinyl, I also have a PSA cert that can be framed within the frame if that is something people like to see?  Or should that be better left to the back of the frame backing in a plastic sleeve? 

Show me what you've done!

Thanks

Wascher

Views: 1079

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome Mike - that is a great wall. And appreciate the info. I currently have been using framemyrecord.com - however most of what I bought awhile ago which I have been rotating are UV glass instead of plexiglass.

Is plexiglass a safer option? Are your signatures touching the plexiglass, and if so, will it harm the signatures?

Yes the signatures are touching the plexi, which is how you get the non-glare effect so you don't see any reflections. It is archival plexi, not regular glass, so nothing will stick to it and harm the signatures. Posters are framed the same way.

Appreciate the advice - exactly what I was looking for. Great man cave.

Always take the record out.

This is how my Record is displayed. I used Framemyrecord.com because they use Glass, so I got UV 99% Conversation Glass. I'm not really a fan of plexi glass because I'm not really a fan of the look. However most of the stuff I have on my wall is plexi but with this item since it's such a valuable item and you don't see it too often plus it's my favorite piece I own I just had to have it framed nicely plus since it's matted there's a gap in between the record and the glass so it won't stick. This is the outcome. 

Samuel - Very nice one! I have one framed just like yours from Frame My Record. Only problem is that the rest of my frames are the un-matted versions, which the sigs sit right on the glass. Trying to find a workaround for that - switching it out for the UV non-glare plexiglass may be the best option.

Funny, I have a bunch of signed vinyl and never looked into framing any of them.

All different spectrums on the signed vinyl preference haha.

I like keeping only about 4-6 framed as I have the space at home. However, I thoroughly despise and cringe when I think about taking one down and handling them - I am pretty clumsy and always run the risk of dinging it up. To each their own!

Most of my signed records aren't very high end (indie stuff), hence it's hard to justify the framing costs. Curious what my local framing shop would charge.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service