We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Anyone have any opinions on the new SGC authentication?

Looking through eBay recently I noticed a lot more SGC authenticated items. Most looked good to me (based on what I know, or kind of know) and I was just wondering about your opinions on their new authentication services?

Views: 1343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am pretty sure that the SGC items have been authenticated by JSA.

I only started collecting this year, but I learned that yes, before this year they did use JSA. However, early this year they actually started up their own authentication. 

Thanks Mike.  I was not aware of that.  I have used SGC in the past to grade sports cards but I do not know anything about their autograph authentication division.

No problem! I hope they end up establishing themselves well as their prices (hopefully for the long run) seem "reasonable". 

I wasn't impressed with my experience. I wanted to try them out at a show and I thought being new they would be very customer service friendly. I said I had a Jordan/Bird/Magic tri-signed 8x10 Dream Team photo. I basically said I had my reservations about it and didn't want to spend the $100 they wanted to charge me, but the guy (NOT Larry-he was still with JSA at this time if he did in fact move) talked me into it which made me think it was legit and worth the money (he was holding it at the time and likely already knew if it was real or not). Gave them a hundred, came back an hour later and the guy actually told me it wasn't even close! And kept my money! JSA has never charged me for a fail. And thats why I only use JSA and won't leave them.  

I think Larry Studabaker left Jsa and is authenticating for scg. He is legit .

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service