We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Authentic or Fake? Could Someone give me their best opinion?

Tags: authentic, fake, or

Views: 3567

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only signature I kind of know is Russell Crowe, and that looks wrong.  Even without a good grasp on any of the signatures, that looks pretty fake to me.

A lot of these movie posters (from my experience) are fakes. People can go out and buy the poster at a place like Wal-Mart here in Canada for like $5 and try to turn it into hundreds.

Here is the thing, this guy is selling this piece for $999.00 Comes with a WB stamp and hologram. I just don't understand why WB does not put an end to this.

This guy also sent me this as proof

I wouldn't call any of this stuff "proof" by any stretch.  

Here is why it's easy to call this a fake without knowing the signatures -

1) Poster basically looks pristine.  If this guy was on the street collecting these, that poster would most certainly not look like that.

2) All the signatures seem to be signed by the same hand.  You'll notice that you can match up certain pen strokes amongst the signatures.

3) All sorts of colors - right.  Forgers have this wild notion that using an array of paint pens makes things look more legit.  It usually has the opposite effect.

4) Signed far too neatly.  Cast signed posters generally look much sloppier than this, unless you get the signatures at a convention.

Thanks bud, that's very helpful! I appreciate it!

The poster you put up is authentic.  My cousin got one and they actually come PRE SIGNED, so it isn't like some guy is out in the street collecting autographs.  They were giving them out at the premiere and they were rolled in plastic ( ALREADY SIGNED ).   I think the one you put up is an authentic signed poster, and that is my take on it.   I would feel comfortable buying it, lets just put it that way

Here is another example of the same premiere poster.

Okay, at least it an explanation of the condition and quality.  But I'm looking at it again, and I still can't get past that multiple signatures very strongly appear to be in the same hand.

Yes, but Rich...I have a relative with the exact same poster signed by each actor in the same pens that were used in the one depicted by the original poster.  

Rich, I'll make you a bet.  Send it to PSA quick opinion and if they fail it, i'll give you the 7 bucks back =)  I'm positive this one passes.  

That dont explain why some graphs look signed by the same person. Pens don't copy pen pressure and looking almost identical to other signers. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service