Barbra Streisand Signed Broadway Debut Program. Circa Feb 1962

I Can Get It for You Wholesale officially opened on Broadway on March 22, 1962 at the Shubert Theatre. The musical ran for 300 performances and is famous for marking the star-making Broadway debut of a 19-year-old Barbra Streisand in the role of Miss Marmelstein.

The Playgoer Schubert Theatre Philadelphia Theater Program was signed by the cast:

Barbara Streisand

Elliot Gould

Marilyn Cooper

Steve Curry

Ken Leroy

Jack Kruschen

This was signed on between Feb 12, 1962 -Feb 24, 1962 at the Shubert Theater in Philadelphia.

Barbra Streisand had a short career on the Broadway stage, appearing in only two shows. “I Can Get it For You Wholesale ,” a musical by Jerome Weidman with music and lyrics by Harold Rome, was the show that made her a Broadway star.

This is an original vintage "The Playgoer" theater program from the Shubert Theatre in Philadelphia.

The Philadelphia tryout shows ran from Feb 12, 1962 through Feb 24, 1962.

Views: 79

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Before you give up all hope of a response....that's a lovely item and well presented too!

I find it quite amazing that such an early Steisand is so recognizable. I'm no expert but it seems pretty similar to examples from two decades or more later. 

RSS

Get Our Newsletter

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

© 2026   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service