We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

What year would you say these signatures were signed?

They were supposedly got on Salisbury Plain while filming 'Help!' in 1965.

They are on the back of a company business card.

Would you agree these are 1965 signatures?

Thanks

Lewis

Views: 830

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would say they are a genuine set most likely signed in 1965. The George and John signatures differ from their usual 1965 autographs. But if the small card was signed out on the film set locations this would explain their rushed signing style. The Paul and Ringo are good. 

I agree that they're authentic, but I'm having a tough time pinning down a time frame.

I like 'em...but to me...they don't look like 1965...

I take it that there is no provenance for this set and the 1965 comes from the information on the card. 

Thanks guys, glad you like them.

Yes the 1965 comes from the person who collected them. They collected a whole album of signatures including the Rolling Stones, and they live in Salisbury. So, who know if the autos were got when the Beatles filmed Help! or maybe it was when they played there in 963.

I suppose if the collector says they got them in 1965 we have to go with that. They have nothing to really gain by changing the time. 

No but peoples memories with these things tend to be fuzzy sometimes.

Who knows.

Yes they do. But i would never forget where and when, if i met the Beatles. Would you?

You'd think not...but it does happen.

the Harrison looks nothing like his 65 era signature.  I wonder why the mccartney and Ringo are such nice examples and the others are so sloppy.

They probably signed the card in their hand while standing up. They also look as if they rushed their signatures as they sometimes did.

Could all signatures be from 1963 (when they played Salisbury)?

Or are the Paul and Ringo definately 1965?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service