We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Darren Julien Interviewed by Michael Jackson Fan and Collector Sites

Below are two links to interviews with Darren Julien conducted by MJJ Collectors and MJFC (Michael Jackson Fan Club) with full questions and answers.  (Jan of 2013)

We are not able to publish the articles here in full but we can publish excerps and discuss them.  The links are as follows:

MJJCollectors.com  Darren Julien EXCLUSIVE Interview With MJJC

Exclusive MJFC Interview With Darren Julien

Autograph Magazine Live's now 200+ page discussion on the Tompkins & Bush Michael Jackson sale is here: http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/michael-jackson-sign...

The discussion on NBC-TV's investigative report on Julien's Tompkins & Bush sale is here: http://live.autographmagazine.com/profiles/blogs/nbc-investigates-j...

Please direct anyone who is posting in those discussions that questions or statements regarding these interviews should post here, so that we keep the information in one place.

Thanks!

Views: 3022

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve, apart from the evidence above, anyone reading the beginning of the "MJ Signing Style" discussion can see that you never had an agenda against Julien at all. You kept reminding us what a reputable place they were and that they would never knowingly sell forgeries etc. It's very sad that this is the way you've been repaid. Yet looking at the FB discussion of MJJCollectors, all people keep repeating are falsehoods.

I knew this was going to happen. People asked the questions and see it as job done just because Julien came up with answers to two thirds of them.

People read the answers and think they prove something. Even though his answer about the standee is ridiculous BS. Even though many things he says are patently untrue, misleading or deflecting.

So the whole thing ends up being a publicity exercise for Julien where he gets to sling mud and peddle falsehoods without comeback. It's so frustrating I don't even know where to begin.

Someone in the FB discussion actually said the truth was probably "somewhere in the middle". Like, the autographs were only half fake??? What hope is there if people can just shrug their shoulders and let Michael's legacy be trampled on????

Thanks Steve. He wants to play that game....let him play. Proves he didnt just find out about it like he says the evening before the sale. What nerve he has! 

Well, people tried for weeks and weeks to get answers from both Bush and Julien on Facebook, but were blocked and deleted. What a liar.

Yet another lie Julians is caught in.

The one interview says they rejected some of your items (and Steve's) from their auctions. Is there anything to that?

Also, I am sorry for the noise they are throwing at you.

Darren Julien is not being truthful. I discussed consigning one thing to Julien's. Darren would have taken it but I decided not to consign it to them. The only autographs I've sold collectors of a value high enough that Julien's would be interested in are still owned by the people I sold them to.

If Julians is really trying to to turn this into a sour grapes kind of thing, then they are digging their own grave, as if its not deep enough already. Why would Roger, who is thought of as the best in the world at music, and who is JSA's music guy, and who is respected by virtually every good dealer out their, try and consign items to Julians???????  He sells items on his own website and his items are featured constantly at R and R auction. So why in the world would he ever want to consign with them?? It makes no sense. I also heard from Steve way back at the beginning that Darren didnt like Roger to begin with, even before the MJ news broke.

It seems pretty clear what went on in this interview. In my opinion what happened was the same thing that happens in 99 percent of the cases involving situations when bad items are exposed. The owner turns it around and tries to make the person exposing them into a villan. Smoke is thrown to cloud the air, in the hope that most people will believe what they say blindly. And if the smoke they are throwing had any validity to it, then maybe we could talk, but it doesnt.

Instead, the things Julian said in that auction were the same things that every slander site out their says. Blatant lies and distorted truths. I personaly thought Julians was above sinking that low, but i guess i was wrong.

Hey Steve and Roger, or for that matter anyone else, does anyone happen to have an email where Julian states that he greatly respects Roger or knows how good Roger is at autographs. Surely their probably is such an email floating around somewhere. Steve already posted his emails showing that lies were told, and now if emails can be posted showing Julian said the same about Roger, then its further up sh##ts creek for certain people.

Some of my items?  I have NEVER tried to consign ANYTHING to them, NEVER!

Absolutely beautiful Steve, this is why I like everything in writing when it comes to this type of stuff.  Thank you for showing this.  I have a big smile right now.

Here's a direct link to my reply, for Facebook, Twitter, etc.:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/darren-julien-interv...

I have never in writing nor have I ever said to anybody that I reviewed the original items that were and still are in dispute. I never stated that I was ever in possession of any of the item that are in dispute. Not only have I contacted Julien's auctions 5 times in the 2 weeks prior to the auction. I had been texting with Darren Julien himself days before the auction took place. I explained the issues and my concerns, I offered my authentication services for free to Darren. I told Darren Julien that I would come and physically examine the items in question. I told him that I would put together a study with exemplars and explain the concerns that were present with these signatures. I also explained that I had no issues or agenda with Julien's nor Darren Julien, and I thought he had been deceived. Darren then said he understood and respected my opinion and he thought it could wait until after the auction.
I have copies and I have all these text's and e-mails documented.

bravo for you too!   So glad you all kept this stuff. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service