We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Derek Jeter GA Forgeries eBay seller sportshaveninc7541

Here are 2 horrific Derek Jeter forgeries that were certified by Steve Sipe's Global Authentics company. Mr. Sipe, how were these possibly certified? These are both listed by eBay seller sportshaveninc7541

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter-Signed-Final-Season-Old-Stadium...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter-Signed-2009-World-Series-Ball-N...

Tags: Global, Sipe, Steve, authentics, derek, forgeries, jeter, sportshaveninc7541

Views: 777

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How many of you guys on this tread are professional Sports Authenticators? 

How many of us on here are selling junk on eBay? 

SportsHavenInc,

Unlike professional authenticators, we are not in this for the money. We do this for the love of the hobby. Do a little research on GAI/GA. MOST forgeries have been "authenticated" by "Professional Sports Authenticators".... 

I do this for money and personal. I have been in business for a while and have never had any complaints about my signatures. I am one of the largest selections of signed framed jerseys in Virginia. I do not sell any "junk".

Sportshaveninc,

These fake Derek Jeters certified by Global Authentication are notorious among those who know Jeter's autograph--that's why they're so much cheaper than Jeters certified by PSA/DNA, JSA, Steiner, etc. But unless you have done the research or know Jeter's autograph yourself, it's unlikely you'd have found out on your own. For the most part, the main reason dealers use GA is to have forgeries certified as genuine. GA autographs are much harder to sell and sell for less. Sorry for the bad news.

I have several items and sold several including Jeter balls that had both GAI and PSA-DNA.  They passed both. I have a Jerry Rice signed framed jersey in stock with GAI first then PSA-DNA second passing both.

Sportshaveninc, Not all GA or GAI item are bad. I've seen lots of stuff authenticated by either of them that are good. So it is possible to have them double authenticated.

SportsHaven,

Do you have any photos of the GA Jeter balls that PSA/DNA certified as well?

No I have sold everything Jeter I have except those 2 balls. I have even sold my personal Jeter stuff because of such a high demand for him right now. I have removed the balls from ebay because I don't want my business being put with anything fake.

you might want to try the PSA/DNA quick opinion.  I personally do not feel comfortable with offering opinions on Jeter, so I never do, but I do recall these balls last year. there were a ton of them, virtually all the same.  Mr. Sipe told me that they were authenticated by one individual without his knowledge, and that person is no longer employed at GA, or GAI. I still get confused which is current.

Wonder who the authenticator was.

Ryan,

For clarification, are you referring to PSA, or professional sports authenticators as a business/profession category?

Business/ Profession. I like what you guys are doing on this site and I thank you for making this about the 2 balls I have up and not my business but I have been doing this a while and to have a good buyer contact me that this was up was a little disheartening. I grew up that if you have a problem with somebody or their stuff to contact them not blog about it.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service