We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Don Mattingly/Sports Forgeries eBay seller tnk315 Global Authentics JUNK

Imagine that, another eBay seller who has tons of jerseys/balls signed by tons of popular athletes, ALL "certified" by Global Authentics. Take a look at the crap eBay seller tnk315 is selling. 

These are 1000000% atrocious forgeries of The Hitman, of course "certified" by Global Authentics (GA, GAI, Steve Sipe). An authentic Mitchell & Ness Don Mattingly jersey costs $225 alone (unsigned). Isn't it amazing that these eBay sellers can afford to sell these "signed/certified" jerseys for a FRACTION of what the jersey ALONE should cost. That is because these sellers are buying counterfeit jerseys from China, getting it forged, slapped with a GA sticker and on it's way to eBay... 

Flatout laughable attempts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DON-MATTINGLY-AUTOGRAPHED-NEW-YORK-YANKEES-...

This ball is hilarious:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261853248496?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&a...

Ernie Banks just died, do you really think you are getting an authentic Mitchell & Ness throwback signed with HOF inscription for $130? GTFO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERNIE-BANKS-AUTOGRAPHED-CHICAGO-CUBS-JERSEY...

Oh but if you don't like the royal blue they have another throwback "signed" Ernie jersey for $130!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERNIE-BANKS-AUTOGRAPHED-CHICAGO-CUBS-JERSEY...

It is SICKENING what eBay is allowing these sellers to get away with.... 

Tags: GA, GAI, don, ebay, mattingly, scam, tnk315

Views: 885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Look at this laughable Tony Gwynn "signed' jersey eBay seller tnk315 sold for $170. Of course it is "authenticated" by Global Authentics. These scumbags know that after a death the person's auto will sell for a premium and they take full advantage of that. Absolutely sickening. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TONY-GWYNN-AUTOGRAPHED-SAN-DIEGO-PADRES-JER...

Ryan,

This is the first and may be the last time I ever get on a blog and share my thoughts about such a GREY area. But I was called by a friend who saw your post to inform me I had a few items being talked about. I assure you i understand the business of collecting and things being authenticated. I hate it all together.  The one thing I do understand completely is that 100% of every authentication companies are only giving their opinions. Thats it. NONE of them are 100% going to ever give you a money back guarantee. If you dig deep enough you can find mistakes from every one of these companies.  But I also know that ALL these companies have $1000s of dollars invested in advertising , travel office and just a lot of overhead. ALL of these companies have the respect of Ebay, who is still probably the largest selling avenue in the world.  So that being said if Ebay trust them ( all 3) and they all make mistakes. Then to me their is no reason to trust one more than the other. They see 1000s of signatures a day. We only see a few .  Most people are only following Ebays rules of "needing a coa anyway. Now Im sure you have a ton of experience and Im sure you could open your own authentication company if you wanted too but in this case you would be mistaken. Those people your calling scumbags are my friends who often sell stuff for me. The Mattingly ball was signed in person at spring training.Those souvenir balls are very hard to write on. If you have ever been at the park and used the only thing you could buy to get signed once you saw a player you would understand how the signatures are always a little different on those balls.Im not going to bother posting these but it took me 5 minutes to find several examples of balls passed by other companies that the signatures are just alike. But either way this ball was signed in person and I KNOW IT. the Mattingly jersey is also something I got signed myself. And Im 100% sure that i can find 1000s of china jerseys authenticated by all of these companies , not just the one you seem to be after.  Im not on here to start a fight or to get into any large debate about who's right or who's wrong. Im only asking you to be a man and personally email me and we can exchange phone numbers and talk man to man about any issue you have about stuff I know I got. I do respect your opinion and if you feel they are not real that thats ok. But please if your going to talk about me or my friends or family call me. I don't think it is very professional to air dirty laundry in public.  I promise if you email me I will talk to you.  If I have offended anybody on this website Im sorry.  I just wanted to express my concerns about being called a scum bag. But just like all the authentication companies, its just a opinion !

You're selling forgeries Wayne. Doesn't matter if the goofs at GA stickered these items. Their opinion doesn't make forgeries real. Seems that's all they are stickering these days. You obviously figured it out. That's why you use them.

Nice job Ryan. Sellers like this guy need to be called out.

"Wayne",

Let me ask you, when did you obtain these Mattingly "signatures"?

JSA, PSA/DNA make mistakes as well, and I call them out on it. GA (Global Authentics) goes far beyond "mistakes" and anyone with any knowledge of the hobby knows their stickers are worthless, and if anything devalue an item. 

"Wayne", why would your "friend" eBay seller tnk315 use Global Authentics exclusively to "authenticate" every single item? Why not go for JSA or PSA/DNA both of whose LOA's would undoubtedly raise the selling price significantly on most items?

"I don't think it is very professional to air dirty laundry in public."

I don't think it's very professional to sell pages and pages of forgeries to eBay buyers. Imagine a kid getting that Andrew Luck jersey (his hero) for his birthday. Only to find out one day that he bought a counterfeit jersey with a fake signature on it, sold by a pathetic eBay scammer. There is a word for that Wayne, it's called FRAUD

Ryan, 

Any time you feel the need to talk to me about anything I have ,please feel free to email me.  I know the grey in all of this. But I will not hide behind a blog . I posted this to speak to you directly because I care about what I do.  I did not reply to use this as a platform to bash GA. I think they are a good company and trust their opinion.  I don't know you and you don't know me. And maybe your a big deal and maybe that other guy is a big deal. Thank you for your time. 

Thanks for your opinion. I will not bash any of these companies.  

you will not bash any of these companies for rubber stamping obvious forgeries Wayne? It's amazing what people want to believe. Do whatever you want. You obviously don't care to learn what's going on in this disgusting hobby. Maybe you should bash your forehead into a brick wall, because that's what it's like trying to get through very shady sellers of complete JUNK like yourself. Good luck Mr Forgery salesman, IMHO. 

Hey Fudd here come the GA Kris Bryant forgeries! 

This is 100% garbage listed by ebay seller vance9506 , I'm sure this is just the "tip of the iceberg" 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Signed-Autograph-Kris-Bryant-Cubs-MLB-...

almost had the Golden Sombrero is his MLB debut...LOL'

Fakes Fakes Fakes everywhere. People see it's easy money with ZERO chance of getting caught. How stupid & disgusting, but still hilarious what kind of nincompoops are in the world today. Can't wait to get my Kris Bryant and PiG balls. In the meantime, they generally SUCK, for all the hype

Wayne you seem like an honorable person with good intentions.  But your comparison of the 3 companies is way off the mark.  You are correct in that all authenticators make mistakes.  No question.  But the difference between JSA and PSA vs GA is that the first two are correct with a high percentage of their opinions.  GA historically and repeatedly certifies obvious forgeries.  Because of that, even authentic items with their sticker are devalued.  This is not bashing, it is just speaking the truth.  If you are going to sell autographs, the ultimate responsibility for the authenticity is yours.  

"Those souvenir balls are very hard to write on."

Yeah he sure had a hard time writing on these:

Ryan

except 1 , those are all leather balls. The logo balls are plastic. And I was holding it . Honestly if your not willing to email me or talk man to man then I will not respond. Talking to someone face to face is " calling someone out " 

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service