Just saw someone's recent Elvis post and thought I would add mine to a discussion.  This came directly from Perry Cox, obviously, a highly reputable source.  A COA from Perry as well.  I've always felt the signature (on a 5 x 7 magazine page) was a little too shaky, with stops-and-starts and it concerned me at the time. However, given Perry's confidence and assurance, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase it. I remember that Perry had explained to me, at that time, that Elvis went through some periods of being in an "altered state" and that could possibly explain it's shakiness.  Just wanted to see if any of you with more experience than I in this area than I had any opinions on this. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you...

Views: 3294

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Those look fine to me

those are NOT what I would call "slightly different"

There is one particular trait that I am looking into on the OP sig and will post later about it

BTW, even tho I think it's likely good, it's one that will always be controversial. 

1. I can not understand how you could dwell on the style of Elvis's autograph still knowing that he always signed in a different way or that he had people around him who adapted his signature and signed for him ... I can not understand really. 2. Elvis's signature is probably the most falsified signature of all time by forgers...

Goodcat, please don't talk to members like that. I deleted your reply. 

Okie Dokie

Tiziano,

In music, Michael Jackson is actually the most forged. But the most forged of all autographs is easily Mickey Mantle. 

Based on one singular trait, I am reasonably convinced the OP sig is Legit

I believe Perry Cox got this right

What trait is it that has convinced you ?  Please let me know...thanks

sorry my friend, I will not say

There are a few celebs I am very protective of and Elvis is one of them. 

Syd Barrett is another

I am baffled by that response. I thought the purpose of this community was to share information and opinions to keep this hobby honest. Authenticity Is Everything.  But, if you’re not comfortable sharing your insight, I suppose that is your prerogative.  Thanks

Unbaffle yourself my friend

There are several of us that don't share secrets about certain peeps to protect against the forgers, who are reading this forum.

Surprise !!!!!

However, there are indeed members here whom I trust in private to say anything. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service