Just saw someone's recent Elvis post and thought I would add mine to a discussion.  This came directly from Perry Cox, obviously, a highly reputable source.  A COA from Perry as well.  I've always felt the signature (on a 5 x 7 magazine page) was a little too shaky, with stops-and-starts and it concerned me at the time. However, given Perry's confidence and assurance, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase it. I remember that Perry had explained to me, at that time, that Elvis went through some periods of being in an "altered state" and that could possibly explain it's shakiness.  Just wanted to see if any of you with more experience than I in this area than I had any opinions on this. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you...

Views: 3294

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome :)

It's not unusual for authenticators to hold a key characteristic of a genuine autograph or a good forgery back so the forgers don't become too good too soon. 

+1

:)

Heads it's authentic. Tails it's fake. Elvis Presley autographs are far too tainted to be sure. IMO there are no experts, only people who think they know.

For me the only expert maybe is Rich Consola... But repeat it's hard see if the signature of elvis is genuine or not... If the signature not have a story or is not on a important document, Rich Consola say always not real! 

As I said before, I need to be about 90%+ sure before I part with my cash. 

Obviously, other people have lower thresholds. I couldn't buy a quantum autograph. Monday to Friday it's real and the rest of the week it's fake. 

I'm sure emotions take over and cloud their decision.

100% sure my friend not only 90%... Buy by a seller that give to you a life time guarantee... 

I had a bank check signed by Elvis and i sold it because i didn't believe that the signature it were signed by him but maybe signed  by other people of his staff or signed by his father... 

Let me see if I have understood correctly: You had a bank check signed by Elvis, but you thought it were a fake so you sold it? Is that correct?

Because if so, you knowingly sold a fake which is precisely the kind of thing we try to stop here at AML...

Or did you sell it as a staff signed item, and made sure that the buyer didn’t think it were a real Elvis signature?

Nice catch Cogo

So this is how Tiz's ad might look ....

Foe Sale signed cheque by ELVIS
It has Rich Consola COA but I believe it is a forgery.

$1500 obo

Does this sound about right? ;)

I don't like it... Stop. And for this i sold it. A check of elvis have a value of 5000$ my friends... This is the story... ;-)

Ok...

But at least to me this:

”i didn't believe that the signature it were signed by him but maybe signed  by other people”

sounds like you thought it were a fake and still sold it. Seems pretty fishy to me...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service