Greetings  all!
I acquired this autographed ballpoint ink signature from the late well respected autograph collector/dealer Don Steinitz Autograph collection many years ago. I recall being told it was purportedly obtained circa 1969-70 at a local Memphis Car dealership by an employee who worked there at the time and that at some point it was displayed/affixed in a scrapbook by original owner and ha been removed when Don purchased it. Yes, it does have condition issues. The kind of paper it's signed on an ink blotter material and has some graininess to it if you know what I mean?  I have no other info or back story to it. Any expert opinions/thoughts on its authenticity? Genuine? Signed by one of Elvis' bodyguards? Thanks in advance!

Views: 261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok thanks! Although I'm not familiar with acoa but everyone on this particular site recommends Roger Epperson as the Elvis expert to go to but I'm having a difficult time being able to make payment with PayPal on his site

A red flag for me is always if a signature is on the poorest kind of item or paper to look vintage. There are so many fakes on torn papers or "aged" papers on the market - especially in terms of  Beatles.

Why on earth should someone cut a great signature that badly?

Nevertheless - the signature could be good (I never cared for later years Elvis signatures). There will be some experts you could tell you.

I believe it was displayed/affixed in a scrapbook and had then been removed from what I was told at the time I purchased it from Don. Yes, it does have condition issues agree. The kind of paper it's signed on is like an ink blotter material and has some graininess to it if you know what I mean? I don't have much more info than that. Thank you for your reply too!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service