We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I know I will take heat on this one…….I know the lady who collected this with her Mom when they lived in NYC.

Views: 473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know Flynn very well and this looks like an authentic rushed street signature. I am here to tell you that Flynn's "E" is one that is very hard to duplicate and its presented authentically here.

Nick, I knew the collector was solid and the autograph was real. After many years of collecting and building an exemplar library I have never seen another that plain and rushed. I thank you for sharing your knowledge.

David, I want to stay on your good side (smile) .  Interesting piece, but maybe best that I don't chime in on this one.

Etienne, Like I said when I posted this to begin with, I expected to take flack on this one. I also said I knew the collector personally and know the autograph is real……Speak your mind, you will not hurt my feelings. If you want to see interesting, check out my signed Apollo Moonwalker autographs in the Space listings.

I'll be the first to admit that I've certainly been wrong before. I guess I'm thinking it's trying to hard to look casual and rushed.  Just doesn't look natural to me.  Flynn was a generous signer and very often made a nice dedication to the person he was autographing for (often with a jaunty "Hi").  Here's an in person that I traded off awhile back:

Etienne, Most of my exemplar library if full of Flynn's autographs that look just like yours and fit into the same box. But what about the real autographs that are outside the box. Tomorrow you are out taking a walk, you turn a corner and are face to face with Jack Nicholson. You just happen to have a sharpie and a piece of paper on you, and you ask  for an autograph and he gives you one….A great big X…..you know it is real, but you can't convince others because it is outside the box.

I love Flynn! Have this beauty in my collection. 

Nick, "Robin Hood" was one of my favorite movies growing up. I also have autographs of Eugene Pallette, Alan Hale Sr., de Havilland and Patric Knowles……Your check is nicely displayed. 

Thank you! Along with Captain Blood, Robin Hood is one of my favorites.

Excellent Piece Nick

I love anything Flynn

The Adventures of Robin Hood Stands the test of time 

1938 and it's still the best version

Just about Perfectly cast Although it would have been nice to see David Niven in the roll of

Will Scarlet Which he was originally slated for

Thanks! The piece really pops in person with that Sherwood Forest green mat, the photo doesn’t do it justice. A lot of people boo hoo signed checks but there are a ton of great options you can do with them if you have a quality framer.

I echo your sentiments about David Niven in Robin Hood, they were great together in The Dawn Patrol and The Charge of the Light Brigade.

These 3 autographs came out of the same book as the Flynn. If you think they are real that should put the Flynn in a better light….Buddy Ebsen, Sheree North and Darren McGavin.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service