We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello Everyone,

"Never say never" never rung more true for me than today, as I have decided to see if I can get some decent money for my precious 1969 Beatles signatures.

I have posted on this website before, back in 2010, just to share my prized possession. I saved the ensuing conversation as an image, which I am attaching to this post.

I was wondering what would be the best way to go about selling these and especially if I would need to obtain any further authentication done before moving forward with it.

Also, since I am not a collector per se, I would need some serious advice on how to handle a possible sale when it comes to the shipping and payment aspects of it.

Any and all comments are very welcome and much appreciated. Any questions that anybody might have, I will answer to the best of my ability.

Looking forward to your comments, suggestions, opinions, questions...

Thanks!

Jay (Ontario, Canada)

Views: 1336

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you sure bleeding was lightened or removed? I still see some close up in the eBay image. I can't figure out how they can do that without some signs on the autographs. I don't know restoration, tho. 

Could it just be the images? Perhaps the earlier one was a little dark or saturated or the one on eBay adjusted. 

No,  I am absolutely positive that this set has never been touched while it was in my possession.  It was stored in a plastic cover away from light for more than 35 years.  I only got it out and put it into a frame about a year ago.  As I mentioned before,  the differences in the scans are likely attributable to different scanners and scanning software as well as the fact that the original scan was made with the set still sitting inside its plastic cover. 

Jay

Thanks, Jay. I don't think anyone is wondering if you did anything to it. Some are wondering if bleeding was removed after you sold it. To me though, it looks more like differences in the scanning, as you said. Scanning with the plastic cover on certainly could have made the blue tint more pronounced.

Hi - nowadays EVERYTHING is possible. And deleting the bleeding a simple thing. As you can see the scotch tape was also removed without damaging the ball pen underneath - or the ball pen later was "repaired". I have seen everything that could be done and you`ll be surprised.

Thorsten, you seem to be well informed about restoration work.
So you believe this 69 piece has had some work done to it.

It is just a guess by looking at both scans. I might be wrong.

And yes - i have seen many things. A friend even bought a vintage beatles tour book where the autographs were copied on... You dont see that on a scan and only if you have the original in hand and try to feel the pressure of the pen (but even this could be faked nowadays). Our hobby has gone bad.

FYI: The scotch tape was applied externally to the plastic cover to seal it, so it was never on, or removed from the set itself.

Jay

Thanks Jay, its fine, Perry is an honest dealer.

good to know - that was not recognisable at first look.

And the plastic made the blue signatures look like they bled more than they did, is that right?

That seems more likely to me.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service