We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

First Time Post: Queen Autographs on a Program from 1980 US Tour

Hi,

Bought this from an online auction house and was wondering if the autographs are legit.

This is the tour I saw them on, so the program alone does mean something to me.  If the autographs are real, even better.

Appreciate any input - thanks!

Views: 219

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately the Freddie and Brian are not genuine. The Roger actually stands a chance and it's not uncommon for people to obtain 1 living member and try forge the rest to boost value but roger also now uses a very simple graph that is also very easy to forge, so I wouldn't count it as genuine either. 

Thanks Innuendo - I actually didn't intend to buy it, but I had been watching the auction for some time and Queen items were going for around $1000 USD.  I ended up bidding $150 just for fun and got it to my surprise!  That alone made me skeptical.

So . . . . is there anywhere online that sell authentic Queen graphs?

Genuine Queen items go for around 6K to 8K on average. Freddie on paper is the cheapest Freddie out there and that's an average of 1K a pop, going up in value depending on what item its signed on, so the price you got yours for is a pretty big red flag lol. There is no safe site that sells all genuine Queen graphs. I have spotted a number of fake Queen items on all auction sites I've been to but most are fantastic at refunding people and acting with honor when confronted with a fake piece. Your best bet is to find a trusted collector for any artist you're interested in and buy from them. Collectors focus on just one or two artists for years at a time vs any TPA that covers multiple artists with a less detailed scope. 

Have a look at my Queen value guide to see what you can expect to pay for Freddie and Queen today. 

https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/queen-value-list?co...

And to better your chances of avoiding a purchase of a bad graph, feel free to look over my guide to Queen secretarial graphs as well.

https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/a-quick-guide-to-qu...

Feel free to message me for any help you may need. Best

Thanks for all this great info . . . really appreciate your help!

No problem. Always happy to help

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service