We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Freddie Mercury signed Foto

Views: 2566

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Closer
Sorry to say Philipp, but this is not genuine. Not a terrible attempt, but the flow is wrong and the dedication portion confirms it for me.
The Foto comes from a boss From EMI Austria in the 80ties he got a lot of autographs wich i can Post in the Next days.please Check my Other Post with all the Texas Tornados and Jonny cash items.also the Roger Taylor Foto incl.thanks to George Shows the contact he Had with the artists.
I did see the Roger signature and I do feel it's genuine, but I'm sorry, I don't believe the Freddie is. Too many issues with it. I've seen a few examples where EMI execs and radio DJs have been sent stamped signatures/secerterial/signed by Freddie's PA vs Freddie himself. If I were to guess, if he did obtain it through work, I'd say it was Freddie's PA that signed this one as his handwriting was indeed very near to freddies. Sorry, but I can't comment on the other signatures as Queen is all im confident in speaking for. I've been studying their hand for about 40 years now, but I'm not familiar with the other artists you've mentioned.
Philip. Great signed photo. Absolutely genuine. I don't see any problems with Freddie's signature. It's fine and very rare item actually. Sorry David. I don't agree with you
Well, I've discussed it with my group and everyone but Giancarlo thinks it is not genuine. But you know much Giancarlo and I respect each other- regardless of my thoughts here, rest assured if you get a thumbs up from Giancarlo, you'll never have an issue reselling it should you ever decide to. And Fran, my eye sees a very slowly drawn name and even Giancarlo agrees the handwriting doesn't look right, but he she still thinks it's ok. I stick by my original opinion, however.

I see your point... From the beginning I've thought it was genuine even if some characteristics were a little odd... But it's good, and not because your friend Giancarlo says it (he said once he felt Freddie's "presence" when he saw some odd signatures we all thought they were fake, come on!!!)... it's good because I can't find anything wrong with it. Also, the photo... This is the first time I see this photo signed!!! When you try to forge an item, you choose other photos, not this particular one.

Let me be clear- Giancarlo is the only one in our group who thinks it's real. Your opinion is that it is genuine, which is fine. However the reason the majority of us feel it isn't genuine is because we see the hesitation in the dedication along with the slowly drawn name. Also, I'm not entirely sure why you seem have an issue with Giancarlo (this isn't the first time you've seemed...annoyed by him) but the reality is, he's a nice guy who is very well studied in Queen. He and I spotted your Dave R Fuller fake a while back and I thought we offered you our help and delivered the bad news in a pretty respectful way. As I've said before, it's a very rare thing for Giancarlo and I to disagree on a signature but we both hold each other in high respect. I think what he meant by he "felt" Freddie in it was simply that he had a gut feeling the item was genuine. Anyway, if there is some sort of animosity between you and Giancarlo or you and I, I certainly urge you to shoot me a private message so it can be ironed out.
Innuendo says he has been studying Queen for 40 years and has many issues with this sig.
Fran on the other hand says it is absolutely genuine and he doesn't see any problem with it.
I don't quite understand how 2 experts can have such a different opinion. It keeps surprising me, these discussions.
Bjorn, I certainly don't consider myself an expert (I can't speak for Fran or what he considers himself). I put my time in and studied what I enjoy, but I just try offer opinions based on that knowledge. However, although the rest of my Queen autograph group seems to agree with me, my friend (and very studied queen collector) does think it's genuine. We've discussed it and he agrees there are some very odd things about the dedication and he does agree that it's not ideal but he is willing to give a thumbs up to it regardless of the issues we have with it. I however, still can't. Fran sees nothing at all wrong with it, even with Giancarlo having some issues (ands till liking it), which it is fine. We won't always agree, but I've been burned enough times to learn to play it safe.
Just to give an idea of the issues I and a few others see in it, here's a photo a friend of mine made to highlight problem areas. When I come across a discussion like this with different opinions, I like to try to show my side as clear as possible for consideration. The red marked areas show breaks and hesitations that we normally don't see in his hand, as well as an odd looping motion that seems to be over exaggerated from genuine examples we are used to seeing. The green parts are highlighted to show the good things- but perhaps too good? By that, I mean as soon as I saw these parts it instantly reminded me a very specific Freddie signature I've also added (in blue ink on plain paper). By discussing this, I of course mean no disrespect to Philipp who shared this item. However, it is an item worth discussing imo.
The blue ink in plain paper I mentioned in the previous comment. Apologies- it didn't load the first time.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service