We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I stumbled upon this first edition (special edition) of A New Hope. Wondering if the George Lucas autograph is authentic. Thank you for your help!

Tags: george, lucas, star, wars

Views: 426

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

Well, just placement and presentation/appearance suggest it is part of the book. Pete C. will know immediately.

Eric

Hopefully he will see this and let me know! I don't believe it is part of the book, from my investigating, I noticed the small pen trenches–grooves, within the middle of the thickness of the ink. I am sure it has been applied with ink, just not familiar with Mr. Lucas' autograph. 

Hello,

I hope you are right! In negative, it looks dead, same as the type ink, and has no cross over I can detect and those "dots"/stops/starts. But, it s just a photo.

Eric

Unfortunately, I was able to find a copy of the book online with the same signature that is printed.  I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you can see it on Google Books Here

https://books.google.com/books?id=FvHq-_NCryoC&pg=PR1&lpg=P...

Yup.

Eric

This later edition of the book was published in 1996 or 1997, so the signature while a facsimile of Georges late 1990's autograph is not from 1976 and not an ink autograph. It is just a part of the introduction reproduced in the book.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service