We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The scan isn't great, but does this Ford autograph look authentic?  Sold by Gary Harvey

Views: 2860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gary Harvey is top-notch and has a stellar reputation. If he said he personally got it in person, he did. But IP pros often trade among each other or have other collectors that they have confidence in, and sometimes those folks "go bad."

Pete Chuka is widely considered one of the top two (if not the top) Harrison Ford autograph experts in the world. Gary may have personally gotten yours signed, but if it's so atypical that it can't be authenticated without seeing it being signed, all any authenticator can do is call it as they see it.

If Gary will exchange it for another Harrison Ford signed photo of similar desirability--or has something of similar value you want--I'd go for it. Otherwise, ask for a refund.

After discussion, I am going to exchange the Ford for a Stallone autograph. Im not an expert, but how do these look and which is more consistent?
Attachments: No photo uploads here
Second one attached
Attachments: No photo uploads here
I don't know his signature well enough to comment, but I would recommend starting a new discussion, perhaps someone who knows Stallone will see it. Good luck.
http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/need-opinions-on-syl...

There is the thread for those who know Stallone.

Great, I'm sure you'll get some knowledgeable opinions, hopefully be able to settle this mess once and for all.

I emailed Gary about the source of this Ford, and he (after several weeks) has told me he purchased it from a collector in LA. Sent a response asking for the dealer's name etc. Seems reluctant to cooperate in this whole exchange as my last email was a month ago. I probably will keep the Ford and accept it as a loss. Not worth the trouble.
Gary was called out the other day in a Facebook group for trying to sell fake Star Wars autographs. It seems he has gone to the dark side... Or at least the gray side. I would proceed with extreme caution if you plan on dealing with him in the future, which I would not recommend you do.

Do you have a link to that discussion?  I'm curious to see what happened in that situation.  He still has not gotten back to me about the exchange.  Im surprised, because I have defended Gary Harvey and when I purchased the Ford from him people here had nothing but kind words.  First and last time I purchase an autograph from a dealer that doesn't provide concrete proof of the item being signed/TPA opinion.  Isn't worth the trouble buying it without those if you intend on selling it down the road.  I make sure every autograph I obtain in person is accompanied by both video and picture proof of the item while it is being signed; I also make sure to have an receipts/tickets if it was at an event.  I wish more dealers would do that to make buying autographs safer

The discussion was deleted but I do have a screenshot I can post when I get home.  Like we said about the Ford, it's a forgery, and there is no way he got it in person like he claimed but later recanted.  Many times the autograph will speak for itself, 90% of forgeries become obvious with a little bit of studying.  

I'm not sure what happened with Gary, many people defended him until recently.  Just goes to show that you need to be cautious with everything you purchase, no matter how good the reputation of the dealer. 

When I contacted the UACC to expedite this return, Al Wittnebert believe this Harrison Ford autograph has "patterns he uses".  In addition, he called me and anyone else who participates in the AML community "fools".  Apparently only "court approved authenticators" (haha, we all run away when we hear the word Forensic next to an autograph) is respected, in his opinion.  

Well, that guy is an idiot. Not much more to say about that. Pretty much solidifies UACC as a joke IMO. Sorry you got burned Mike. I would contact Steve Cyrkin and share your full story so others can be warned.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service