We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The scan isn't great, but does this Ford autograph look authentic?  Sold by Gary Harvey

Views: 2870

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So is the consensus that this Eastwood is bad? If that is the case, I wont even bother wasting money for shipping to return the Ford autograph. Beyond fed up.

I have friends that are members but let's be realistic....The UACC Registered Dealer program does not recognize anything.

Lifetime Authenticity Guarantees mean absolutely nothing, when you have to have written statements from however many recognized experts (yet they won't give you any names that you can contact) .....and you have to file that claim inside of a 15 minute window on the Summer solstice of a leap year.

The UACC is broke, membership is at an all time low....face it they are disappearing because every serious collector looks at those letters and laughs. It's all just a bad joke. 

Shocking comment from Wittnebert - a supposed authority figure in the hobby who's been in the business for quite a long time. Cocky, unprofessional, condescending and incompetent. Wow.

This is what scares me about a Harrison Ford. I've always wanted one but only from an impeccable source. Unfortunately, the cost factor is too high for my $250 budget. At least, you seem to be getting an exchange for this item which is better than a total loss.

True, Joe.  Honestly, based on my experience, I'd only buy from an iron-clad source with as much proof as possible or one with TPA certification for piece of mind if I were you.  Even then, I'd pass it by all of the knowledgeable members of this forum.  

That is what makes this site great. Sometimes the truth is harsh but I've gained more knowledge on this site than any other. Maybe someday, I'll find that Ford. Thanks.

BTW, back in 2012 a number of good sellers got fooled by these Ford signatures. I bet most of them wouldn't offer them today. Much knowledge has been shared since then.

Joe, OPX is doing a Ford signing - if you REALLY want one mate, just go ahead and put an order in - its not yet, but I know they are doing one. I think Cool Waters have some, too. If you can afford it, just do it. Its only once in a lifetime - when I deliberated in buying from OPX in Nov 2011, only due to budget constraint, I just thought to hell with it and went ahead with the purchase. You only live once.

I appreciate the encouragement but I'm a man with a budget. Seven mouths to feed, clothe, and educate. Ford and Sean Connery are my two favorite living actors. I just purchased a Connery yesterday. But, compared to my family, none come close to that. I'm Blessed.

A shiver just went down my spine....and I am almost afraid to ask....where did you buy your Connery? Do you have an image?

Your 2 favorite living actors are 2 of the most forged living actors.

I just purchased it and will post an image when I receive it. Did get a quick opinion from PSA/DNA before I made a move and they said likely genuine. We will see.

I can be grateful I managed to get Harrison through OPX and I have a Connery which I got through Fraser's, but I'm not sure about it.

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service