We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Harry Truman from 1966 event in KC, MO . Is it real or a facsimile type souvenir?

Kodak photo from chamber of commerce event or something.  It is hard to see where the autograph begins and the photo starts.  Received by my late grandfather at the event.  Perhaps it is not a live signature. Thanks for taking a look!

DSCN5405.JPG

DSCN5406.JPG

Tags: Harry, Truman, presidential

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pics are not very good but from what I can see the unusual deficiencies in the "ink" deposits suggest a facsimile. Can you make a good high res scan? Member Herman Darvick is great with Presidential material.

Thanks for taking a look.  I don't have access to much equipment.  Your first impression was probably best.  He was likely too old to sign a bunch of those photos.  I think it was a large gathering in '66.  Thanks again.

What you said about not being able to tell where the picture ends and the signature begins is also useful. Best to have it looked at in hand. What one looks for is no color change or gloss change when the ink is held in the direct glare of a good light. If it is all the same then likely a preprint. Live ink should not match the color and gloss of the photo paper in the glare.

PS - Most welcome :)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service