We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I would like to hear any stories from members who have met famous people and felt disappointed after meeting them, etc not giving you a autograph.I have saw gene simmons on you tube telling fans to get out of his way when asking for his autograph, if it was me I would be angry but I have heard he is very arrogant and not a nice man in person.If you have any stories like this I would like to hear them.Thanks.

Views: 3089

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I ran into Charles Barkley twice at king of Prussia mall when he was a sixer, people would just mob him and follow him around. He handled it with class. My co-worker ran into scottie pippen  in Va and tried to get him to sign because she knew about my "hobby" . His only response was "Im not signin nuthin".

Dan Marino. Pretty sure this is no big surprise. Met him years ago at Opening Day for the Marlins, at a private event. Acted irritated that he would be bothered by the lowly public to sign an autograph for a fan. Would have expected more from him. Fortunately, Bernie Kosar, the Dolphins backup QB was also there and could not have been nicer. Spent some time chatting with him, good guy, very nice and accomodating.

It seems like Marino's been much better in recent years, at least from what I've heard.

Marino was at the same tourney as Elway, I didn't see him but others their said he was acting irritated and I heard several people saying he was rude.

On my honeymoon at Disney World, the wife and I were waiting in line at the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad coaster, right next to us was Mick Foley/Mankind in line with his family......I grew up watching "rasslin" so after about 30 min in the long line I just asked "Mr Foley, I know you and your family are here to enjoy Disney, I have been entertained by you and Mr. Socko for years, is there any way I can get a photo while we wait in line?"  he just laughed and said sure dude and my wife snapped a pic.......I know this forum is for the negative experiences but this one just came back to me

I have tons of stories since that's my main hobby is meeting these people. There have been numerous ones that refused to sign, but it's even worse when they add salt on the wound in the form of a gesture (been flicked off by LeBron) or something said.

Steve Steve, WR for Panthers, once said after only THREE of us asked for an autograph, "Yeah, when hell freezes over!"

I have witnessed Lebron completely ignore children, groups of less than 10, and even handicapped people.

George Brett at Spring training in Arizona.  I went on one of their first practice days and there couldn't have been more than 30 Royals fans.  I mean, come on, it's the Royals who haven't been good in years.  He could have honestly stay after practice for 10 minutes and sign stuff for everyone there. We're Royals fans, we deserve it anyway!  Not to mention everyone there was obviously Royals fans as we had Royals gear on.  He gets surrounded by a group of people wanting autographs and walks as fast as he can yelling about how all we want to do is get the autograph and sell it on ebay.  He even accused some guy of poking him with the clipboard the guy was holding.  Would love an autographed baseball from Brett but that seems to be quite the challenge! 

You never know about these guys. I got Brett just before a game in Surprise 5 or 6 years ago. He signed for a bunch of folks. I guess sometimes they just don't want to.

Well that's good to know because I will be trying every year to get an autographed ball! 

Brett can be cranky as hell but he has moments...Ive seen him Sign for some one and be a Jerk and throw the ball into the dirt

I have met George Brett twice, both at clelbrity golf tournaments. The first time was before he went into the Hall of Fame and he was incredibly nice the whole time. He signed baseballs on the sweet spot, and his signature had all of the letters. He even took a photo with me. The next time was after he went in the Hall and it was night and day. He signed all balls in the loop with a G. Brett and was pretty nasty to everyone.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service