We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

This belonged to my brother, a big Hendrix fan who saw him in concert at least twice. My brother passed away early this year. I originally thought that some friend had drawn the picture and done a fake signature and given it to my brother, but looking online and comparing it to real ones, it looks awfully similar. It says "Billy you keep diggin me baby, cause I'm a Voodoo child - Jimi Hendrix" My brother's name was Bill. Plus the drawing, could Hendrix have done that?

Could he have met him? It's possible, but I don't remember him telling me that he ever did. My brother was a guitarist, he was in Southern California in the early seventies with Randy Meisner in the band "Gold Rush" and auditioned for the Eagles when they were forming, but didn't get the gig. But I think that is a later date when Jimi would have already passed.
I have no way of figuring out if it's real, and wonder if anyone here could help me find someone who could help. It was obviously taped up somewhere, the scotch tape decayed and bled through the paper from the back.

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I’m sorry for your loss. I totally agree with your initial thought that it’s all in the same hand by someone other than Hendrix. It doesn’t look like his writing and the signature doesn’t look authentic. If you would like an opinion from a TPA, I would suggest getting a Quick Opinion from Roger Epperson.

Thank you!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service