If I were to ever sell, how much do you think it should get? Signed by all five original members in 1988

Views: 1117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i just bought the album 2 years ago

how are they still rated A plus on BBB if they sell fakes? ill be pretty disappointed if this turns out to be s***

My guess is that most buyers don't realize that they've been burned, as they don't bother asking questions until years later if at all.  The business seems legit to those who don't know the signatures very well but have lots of money to spend and no interest or time to do any research.  Their selling point is the appearance of professionalism and the impressive job they do of displaying their pieces. 

I'll just put this out there that not everything they sell is fake.  For example, I typed in Aaron Rodgers and saw a terrible forgery on a helmet, but they did actually have one photo that looked possibly authentic.  I saw an authentic Favre item with a Favre hologram (it should be noted that even the authentic Favre and Rodgers are absurdly overpriced, and there are literally dozens of avenues to get the same items at a fraction of the price).  But, yeah, the same awful U2 forgeries are still listed, and there have been numerous episodes on this forum of competent members correctly calling out especially bad forgeries.

can anything be done, any recourse? money back?

It seems like some forum members helped a fellow member who had been burned on a fake item from Antiquities (either the LV or California outfits).  If I'm not mistaken, it seems like they don't want to play ball when it domes to returns.  I guess that's almost to be expected.  I can't remember the exact course (or courses) of action.  I'll see if I can find that thread.

thanks, should I bother getting it sent for psa?

We'd hate to see you waste a dollar more than you have to.  If you want to for validation, that's up to you - though a PSA or JSA rejection might help in the return process (though I assume they consider PSA's opinion irrelevant).  You could wait for a few more voices to chime in on this, though you'll probably continue to hear a similar sentiment on both the signatures and the seller.

Honestly, I'm not too well-versed in the whole return process thing, as most of the bad items I've purchased I the past were low end items from fly by night sellers when I was new to the hobby.  I'm sure it starts with contacting the company regarding their return policy for forged items.  But others on the forum know just about every course of action when it comes to returning high-end (or any) items.

Im in a rock in hard place I guess, can it be legit, is there a chance or you guys are absolutely sure its forged

There have been several inquiries on GNR items (primarily Slash and Axl of course), and there are some members here who are quite competent with at least those two.  The members who have commented thus far are actually pretty solid opinions, but you can wait for more if you'd like to finalize your decision.

I don't think the sigs on the album are genuine.

The signatures are fake

I am sorry but this is fake. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service