We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BRUCE-SPRINGSTEEN-Autographed-Album-Cover-w-...

The seller says this below. I did some searching here on the site and see that many of you say to steer clear of Piece of the Past and many of you question GA as well, but I wondered if maybe it still might be real???  Thanks for your opinions!!! :

I understand your concerns, but again its' authenticity is backed by 2 of the foremost experts in the industry, and a guarantee for as long as you own the piece. All my pieces are properly documented or I don't buy them. You're right. There is a lot a garbage out there. Your due diligence as to the authenticity is already all done for you. You can track the Global registration by logging onto their website. If you have access to a fax, send me the number and I will fax you a copy of the COA from Piece of the Past (stating the guarantee). Its the real deal. You can't buy any better. Even if you don't purchase the piece, Happy Bithday!
Again, thanks for your interest.

-
There is a full copy of the COA from Piece of the Past (Las Vegas) in the tird picture on this posting. You can click on that picture and use the enlargement option to view and read it fully. Also, the Global Authentics registration sticker is shown in the bottom right corner of the signed album cover, #GV713159.
This piece is double certified. The POTP COA guarantees the signature for the full amount you paid for as long as you own the piece. Can't really go wrong. What are your concerns? Happy to answer any other questions you may have. Hope this helps.

Views: 608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, this Bruce Springsteen autograph is not genuine. No matter what the seller says.

Wow, how can these guys get away with selling on ebay like this, then? I worried cause he only had 10 feedback and everything he's selling is autographs, plus he's selling from Canada. I am glad I checked here. Thanks for your advice.

Terrible attempt and not real

His Tombstone cast "signed" item is garbage, too.

This is a bad fake! If you want a real BITUSA let me know as I have one :)

Does Ebay do anything if you report someone like this? I almost bought it. is anything he's selling real? So glad i checked here first. What does yours look like, Jarrod? I liked the way this one was framed up.

In general . . . not really.  It does feel like we're firing blanks when we report this stuff.

look what this guy has said back to me now:

Having difficulty scanning the COA and unable to attach a file to this ebay email page (don't think its set up for that).
What I have done is taken a photo of the COA close-up, will download it on my computer tonight and then attach it as a new picture to the posting on ebay. Will notify you when its complete (later tonight)
Keep in mind you have purchase price protection through PayPal, the guarantee and authenticity verification from both POTP and Global with halogram stickers/registrations AND ebay dispute complaint resolution process if you're not entirely pleased with the piece. If you question the validity of the actual COA's, then you probably shouldn't buy ANYTHING off ebay. POTP and Global are not autograph "stores", but highly regarded and respected experts in the industry that provide authentication of music, entertainment and sports signed items. I have sold or brokered over 60 similar pieces from $99 to over $4,500 without 1 complaint or question as to its authenticity. That should say something.
You may be perhaps too sceptical or being over cautious and thats entirely your perogitive. Anyway, dont mean to lecture you. Will send the COA photo tonight. Take care.

- bigdaddyrae

Should we circle everything that's wrong with that guy's statement?

I'm just being "Too skeptical" and "Overly cautious"  I really would love to write this guy back but not sure what to say. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I took a quick look at his auctions, and here's my take:  I'm not especially well versed in any of the signatures he's selling, but here are the immediate red flags: 

*The fancy displays are commonly used as a "smoke screen" to make the items seem more "professional," or at least more desirable.  You'll see stuff like this being sold in forgery shops in Vegas quite a bit it would seem.

*GA authentication.  GA is a terrible "authenticator" that rarely if ever seems to authenticate authentic items.  I would advise new collectors to avoid anything with that sticker.  Piece of the Past is likewise a notorious seller of forgeries.  You'll find plenty of highly negative insight about both of these companies on this board.  Again, both should be completely avoided.

*The seller's response is entirely inappropriate.  There are two possibilities:  1)  He's a scam artist.  2) He's an incompetent, pompous jerk.  I can list the stupid things he said point by point-

1) Being too skeptical.  Telling someone they're being too skeptical when they ask questions about an autograph's authenticity is both terrible advice and the sign of a scam artist.  At best, it's rude.

2) "I've sold XXX number of items for XXX dollars with no complaints."  Questionable and irrelevant.  Guy has Ebay feedback of 10.  Even if he had hundreds of sales and perfect feedback, so do many Ebay sellers who sell straight forgeries.

3) Repeatedly pointing out COAs as the only provenance for authenticity.  Not a sign of a legitimate dealer.

Thank you so much, Rich. I am going to write him back one final message and use some of what you said here. I especially like the part where you say he's either a scam artist or an incompetent, pompous jerk. I won't say that, but it made me laugh, which I needed right about now. :)

I love collecting autographs and am so glad I found this site before I purchased my Beatles the other day. Your response here to me has been extremely helpful and I appreciate your time! I'm learning!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service