We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Tyrone Power Gene Tierney Anne Baxter signed autograph

Views: 1157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, it's not genuine in my opinion. I'll just show you one example for comparison, Tyrone Power's driver's license from RRAuction's July 2011 sale:

Thank you for your help.  i hope I can get a refund.

Where did you buy it and when?

I bought it day before yesterday from Jim Falkenstern.  I haven't received it yet.

Yep...that looks like his work. Jim Falkenstern is Pop Culture Signatures, one of the world's worst autograph dealers. Everything we've seen them offer has been an obvious forgery.

File a complaint now with your bank or credit card company or PayPal and tell him to cancel the sale.

Glad you asked quickly.

John,

I'm the admin and I forgot I was using the editor account, Autograph, to post an article when I replied to your email. Please feel free to use my name when talking to Jim Falkenstern.

Post a comment on Bob Shin's profile with a link to this discussion for a second opinion. He's very good on vintage Hollywood: http://live.autographmagazine.com/profile/BobShinn

Thanks again for all your help.  I really wanted that item, and I guess that clouded my judgment, along with the unclear scan.  Sometimes one wants to see similarities rather than differences, and that is when he is defrauded. 

True...it happens too often. You should be fine, though, if you act quickly.

I sent him an email,  called the credit card company, and have downloaded his assertion that he will refund if the item is not authentic, as well as your opinion and another opinion from another expert.  Thank you so much again.  I hope I can reciprocate for someone in one of the areas with which I am more familiar: scientists, literary and historical figures

If your'e good in those areas, you're a great addition to this site. Thanks

This is a bad forgery.

John

Those signatures are the worst attemps I have ever seen as yet,

of forging Vintage Hollywood Celebrity Signatures.

Not one is authentic In my humble opinion.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service