We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

bought this Original hbo poster some years ago and have no doubts about authenticity but could be wrong. i'am planning to frame it in the next few days and thought to post it and get some opinions so that i don't have to reframe it when i find out later i was wrong. thanks for helping.

Views: 1055

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You may want to begin by investigating who “Lenny” is.  Best of luck, Rob.  Please keep us posted.

i bought it from lenny...he was present at that event.and what could be the use of puting the best wishes lenny above the autograph and losing value?. it's not a joke mike but stil aware this autograph is not used much by james... did have many gandolfini autographs in mine collection and even with only a ''j'' and ending with a horizontal stripe? authenticated by psa-dna. i sold these because i did not like and could pass it as a autograph. that's why i liked the full autograph on the poster. wil keep searching!.

Rob, if you trust Lenny, then you should rest easy.  Provenance is more important than any TPA in this hobby.  I own many items that I would not waste time sending to a TPA because I trust the people who I conduct business with.

This one I bought last month with a Steiner & Mead Chamsky holograms.

this autograph you see the most...and steiner collect autographs all in person...looks a bid faded but this is a great item !...

It is a bit faded. But got it for it for a decent price on shopgoodwill.com believe it or not.

this one comes very close to the autograph on the poster and with beckett authentication.

Rob, this autograph is much different than the one on the poster.  Like I said, provenance trumps everything else.  Rest easy if Lenny is someone who you trust.

Hi Rob, I know this is a post from last year, but I have an example from that era I know is 100% because it came from a family member who met him. 

Also found one online auctioned that came from Heritage that was personalized to Yogi Berra.

Honestly, I've only seen a few sigs of James' even close to this poster and they were on auction sites.  Even his rushed/street graph was not close to it. 

His "sit down" graph was almost always full first and last names, and the "Best Wishes" don't really match either.  I understand that "Lenny" says he was there, but it's just very odd that Gandolfini would take the time to fully write out Lenny, most of Best Wishes, then barely jot his own name out, at a fundraiser no less. 

In any case, hopefully these examples are helpful to those who come across this thread.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service