has anybody got information about what bookstores jerry is attending to sign his new book ? I say sign as I have seen at the barnes &noble store in new York while he will be in attendance the books will be pre signed and only the auther will be signing !! does that set any alarm bells off 

at this moment this is the only signing he will be attending  does anyone know of any others  as would really like to add him to my book collection and being based in uk I have to get in touch with the stores in usa !!

thanks

Views: 35053

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Curious to see what Roger thinks about the above...

Mark

Compare for yourself.  They keep getting compared to authentic ones and not known Whitten signatures, when you compare it to these you will see what I mean.

I see what you mean.. Thanks!

Mark

I don’t doubt that the three on the left were signed by Whitten, or that he brought the PSA/DNA guitar in to be signed. That said, how can you be sure that the guitar was signed by him? There’s no loop at the bottom of the “J” and the bottom of the “L” looks different than the others and is more consistent with a JLL signature. It’s an overall cleaner signature than the others and appears to have the concatenated “RY” that was previously discussed.

Because he told me it was.  He's never lied to me before so why now?  Do you really think that Whitten said to himself "self, I think I will single out this one pick guard and have Jerry sign it himself.  I know it's easier just to sign them myself as I do a pretty good job but I will go out of my way and bother Jerry and have him sign this one pick guard instead of me doing it"  Really?  PSA made a mistake.  This is what I have been saying Ballroom, you keep comparing them only to the authentic sigs when you need to compare them to the known Whitten sigs.  He's not bad at doing them and this book signing is jading many to believe.  Look at where Whitten dots the "i" like i said before and then look where JLL does.  There are many other tells then that but it's an easy one to point out.  If you wish it hard enough you too will believe that the books are signed by JLL.

They were all signed at the same time? Do you know when they were signed?

I can ask but if memory serves me correctly it was about a month or so ago but they were all sent up on the same send in at a hotel.

According to the seller, the guitar was signed in 2006. The PSA/DNA LOA is dated July 17, 2012.

A couple of points to be made;

If you already knew when this was signed why did you ask me?  I come on here now and again for free when I could be making money actually working.  So I have to take the time time to email my friend and ask him these questions and for what?  I highly doubt that the "seller" of this is the guy who got it signed as I know who got it signed.  

Next point

You have nothing to lose by your opinion so you can be as liberal as you want because it won't cost you a cent if you're wrong.  If you believe he signed these then be my guest and buy them but being me who has to stand behind the things I sell with a lifetime guarantee of authenticity wouldn't tough these with a ten foot pole.  

Welllllll…. I am going for it yet again.  So we will see.  Sending off my items later this week.   But I am debating if I should send the book - since it weighs soooo much etc. Or just an album and ep??  And of course I dont want my Album or Ep to messed up with a not real signature. 

Mark

Roger, I knew when the guitar was signed, but wasn’t convinced that all were signed at the same time. I asked in order to confirm that the date you were given was prior to 7/17/12.

As I stated before my guy isn't going to lie so you don't need to test him or me.  Like I said you buy up all these books you feel are good and I will not tough a one and go make some money doing paying work.  I hope for the collectors out there that your opinion is correct if you convince them to buy these.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service