We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

has anybody got information about what bookstores jerry is attending to sign his new book ? I say sign as I have seen at the barnes &noble store in new York while he will be in attendance the books will be pre signed and only the auther will be signing !! does that set any alarm bells off 

at this moment this is the only signing he will be attending  does anyone know of any others  as would really like to add him to my book collection and being based in uk I have to get in touch with the stores in usa !!

thanks

Views: 34975

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As if this horse has not been beaten enough, here are 3 more for discussion. Above are sigs with a J that does not flow over the "erry" and quite abbreviated "Ls"on Lee and Lewis.

Compare the formation of "Lewis" in the last image to this one. It doesn't have the abbreviated "L", but the "L" in "Lee" does.

The curve in the downward stroke in the above Lewis (from album) matches the L in Lee in your book example.

It does indeed. Look at the dash over the "I" in the signature on the contract.

I don't think this book signature looks anything like the 3 above at all... Obviously the top 2 are sloppy as hell, however they have clear "flow" and look like a very quick signature. I also don't see one similarity in "Lewis" IMHO. I know nothing of JLL, just outsider perspective.

You say that you know nothing of JLL, and yet you've determined that the book signatures aren't authentic.

The books do not match up at all with the "known authentic" exemplars provided in this discussion IMHO from a pure handwriting perspective. There are characteristics of the signature that are identical to the known "Whitten" examples that Roger provided...

Okay. Now, what if those "known Whitten examples" were actually signed by JLL? What would you think then?

I guess I shouldn't say "known Whitten examples", as Roger's post simply said ones that were "brought in by Whitten". I don't know who the hell Whitten is to begin with, but those "brought in by Whitten" look vastly different from the IP examples, to the point of where I don't think there is a chance they are done in the same hand at all. 

So the style has changed again (or  are we now just seeing Whitten sigs?).  Chad, what are the origins of these items?

The three I posted are from RRAuction and Roger certed them. I agree with his call on all three. It is just more proof of the variety found in his signature. Here is another one with spacing consistent with the books and has a J that does not carry over the erry part of the signature.

Also note the signatures posted range from the 1950s to much more recently.

Ok thnx.  I like the LP a lot!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service