We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have some doubts about the authenticity of a framed Lakers jersey that I have that is signed by the 2008-2009 world champion Lakers (13 players and Phil Jackson), plus Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Jack Nicholson.  The jersey was given to me by my dad, who had won it in a silent auction at a charity event in LA in 2009.  I am hoping to get some feedback regarding the likelihood that the jersey is real, and if so what the approximate value of the piece would be if it were certified authentic.

The reasons I have for questioning the authenticity are as follows: 1) The COA is from a place called Gallery of Dreams, which has no online presence and the only two references I’ve found are suspecting them of forgeries.  2) The jersey is from the 60th anniversary season, which was the prior year (2007-2008) 3) The signatures all look pretty similar to me in terms of pressure and bleed of the ink, however this may just be how autographs on this material fade over time.  4) While most signatures at least match other known signatures from what I can find, Chris Mihm’s signature in particular looks like it’s off to me, but I’m not an expert.

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, I do not like it.  I am not going to even bother with the big names. 

Number one thing that stands out to me.  Its a bootleg jersey.  The S is crooked. This jersey is trying to pass as an authentic jersey.  But I see a laundry tag on the neck that has been cut.

Any jersey like this would come straight from the Lakers team and would have a Lakers/NBA holo and LOA.

I looked at just two names Bynum and Walton, both look off from the items I have signed that came from the Lakers.  That was enough for me to stop looking at any other names.  I am no expert but those are pretty big red flags. 

Your doubts are well founded as the signatures I know are not authentic IMO

Thanks for the replies, even though it’s not good news it’s what I expected. When I first received it I just kind of accepted it since it had a COA. Then it ended up in storage for several years.  When I found it again and started to look at it every day I started to have doubts.  The Kobe and Magic signatures look similar enough to others I have (I might post some of those, hoping for better news), but the jersey and some of the other signatures looked off.  I looked again at the COA and realized it wasn’t reputable so that’s when I grew really concerned.  I think his bid was around $2k.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service