We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This one really blows me away. A John F. Kennedy photo that was listed for sale on eBay as "hand-signed" by the the late President was purchased by someone with 793 transactions on eBay. The problem is what was stated to have been hand-signed was actually an autopen signature. It was very obvious to me as this is a pretty widely-seen autopen JFK style. I can't believe the seller got almost $1750 for this! And of course, one cannot warn the buyer of his or her mistake.

This is the description:

"JOHN F. KENNEDY
SIGNED PHOTO
This vintage photo is hand signed by John F Kennedy. The photo has some wear and has a light wrinkle. The size is 8 1/4" x 10". There is no certificate of authenticity with it. But I guarantee it to be 100% original. If you are unhappy with it for any reason, you may return it for a full refund. If this does not sell quickly I will have it authenticated by JSA and increase the price by $250.00."

Here's the link and some pics:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHN-F-KENNEDY-HAND-SIGNED-BLACK-WHITE-PHOT...

Views: 930

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, but it's guaranteed to be 100% original! Well, of course it's original; it's JUST NOT AUTHENTIC! And how do you like the threat? If it doesn't sell quickly, the seller would get it authenticated by JSA and then increase the price by $250! Now how do you think they were going to get it passed by JSA? Don't think so dude! Lol.
Hey, and guess what? If you feel you missed out on your dream piece, no worries, there's another one just like it for sale by a different seller, but for a little more $1,939 !! It seems as though the autopen is very fashionable among JFK seller circles!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHN-F-KENNEDY-JFK-Original-Ink-Signed-AUTO...
Attachments: No photo uploads here

JFK stuff is dangerous. It's a shame people don't do their homework and get burned really bad.

That is for sure. And it goes for both sellers and buyers. Just a few weeks ago, I saw a seller on eBay sell an authentic JFK White House letter BIN for less than $280 because apparently he didn't know if it was authentic. Well it was. Bad mistake.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service